jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Using Polls

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

My latest hub..part of the Hub Mob topic makes use of several poll capsules. 

My cousin, who is not a member of HP, was disappointed at not being able to vote in the polls.  He was able to leave a comment.

It does not seem right to "force" folks to sign up for a HP account just so they can vote in the polls.  Since they are able to leave comments without signing up, the same should be true for polls.

This skews the results, and makes for a less-accurate polling, if only fellow Hubbers can vote--you don't get a true cross section of all your readers.

I wonder if this might be addressed/fixed/corrected/changed (or whatever other term you care to apply)?? ... ;-)

1. Hestia DeVoto profile image61
      Hestia DeVotoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Doesn't having users sign up prevent poll fraud?  With comments it doesn't matter how many you make, but for polls, people only get one vote.  That's usually how polls work on the websites I visit.

2. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

This sounds like something that would fit in the "Suggest a New Feature" forum category.  Maybe you could contact HP and ask them to move it there?

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
      DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

oops...my bad...I thought that's what I had clicked!  mad
      Moral of story:  look twice; click once! 

How do I ask them to move this?

3. PaulaHenry1 profile image68
    PaulaHenry1posted 5 years ago

I contacted them to move it- should be taken care of! Great suggestion