jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Photo Capsule "Source URL" question

1. Puzzlemaker profile image81
    Puzzlemakerposted 6 years ago

I'm quite new, so thanks for your help and patience.

If I'm using a product photo from Amazon in a photo capsule, for the "Source URL" should I put my own Amazon Affilite link there?

Should I, should I not? Is that allowed? Or not allowed?

1. vox vocis profile image91
      vox vocisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have folders in my computer (Hubpages1, 2, 3 etc.) where I keep my articles in word documents and the photos I used in my hubs. Actually, I copy the graphic and then, in the photo capsule simply take the photo from my computer. Once I have it in the hub, I delete it from the computer. The only photo that is always there is the HubMob graphic as I need it every time I respond to the weekly assignment. I always have the photo of the amazon product in the photo capsule and the link to the actual product separately in the amazon capsule.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

If anything, I would enter "Amazon.com" in the caption box without creating a live hyperlink. I would not include the affiliate link for sure.

3. WoodsmensPost profile image70
    WoodsmensPostposted 6 years ago

What I have gathered from reading the amazon forums is that it's fine to use amazon pictures for promoting. So there is no need to put the source URL in rhe photo caption. If you are trying to sell the product use the amazon capsule for that along with the photo if you choose.

4. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago
    1. wordscribe43 profile image94
      wordscribe43posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Wow, sunforged...  That's just flat out TMI.  smile

5. Puzzlemaker profile image81

I would usually always make an image clickable if it's for sale. Shoppers like to click on things and hover their mouse over the product and expect to click on it (I know I do). So I'd love to make the photo clickable to Amazon. But since I would certainly be using my embedded Amazon affiliate code I didn't know if this was allowed at Hubpages like it is on other sites.
    Or if not, then Hubpages only allows visitors to get over to Amazon through the Amazon capsules? Which is fine with me, I just know shoppers like to click out on images too and I wasn't sure about this even after watching the learning videos and reading etc.  I don't want to break the rules!

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can have a maximum of 2 affiliate links to Amazon per hub, due to the rules about "overly promotional."

http://hubpages.com/faq/#overly_promotional

1. Puzzlemaker profile image81
        Puzzlemakerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Website Examiner,

That's what I was looking for.

Do you suppose then, that I could use one text link and then one image link?
        It doesn't specify. And actually I didn't even try using the Amazon link I mentioned - the capsule may not even accept it.

1. profile image0
          Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are welcome. Hyperlinks underneath images count towards overly promotional. So one underneath the images, one in text should be OK. It makes no difference whether it is an affiliate link or not.

6. Puzzlemaker profile image81

Yes, where'd you go sunforged?

7. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

use the aff link if you like, there is no specific prohibition.

amazon photos are usually stock photos from press releases intended for distro by the product creator. Those photos are fit for use.

emphasis on "usually" - inclusion on amazon does not equal license to reproduce

working