jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (12 posts)

1. Brie Hoffman profile image81
    Brie Hoffmanposted 6 years ago

I've looked at a few hubbers with scores of 100 and am wondering what causes it.  Does anyone know?  I reached 100 once but that was it and honestly didn't notice any that would have triggered it.  Some of the hubbers that have 100 baffle me because their articles don't seem that interesting to me...maybe it's just me, what do you think?

1. Pcunix profile image89
      Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I do not know.

I have been there three or four times.  Each time baffles me because I haven't been doing anything different, havent had more traffic (sometimes have had less!) or earnings, ad so on.

It's inexplicable to me.

2. wordscribe43 profile image91
      wordscribe43posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, I'm pretty sure it's "caused" by a virus...  I have noticed my hubber score increases when I'm ill.  wink

Sorry, had to do it.  Seriously, though... it's random and you'll never figure out the algorithm.  How "interesting" ones articles are has no bearing on the score.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image88
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've been there a few times and don't know what causes it either.

2. barryrutherford profile image30
    barryrutherfordposted 6 years ago

It is the rate of electromagnetic impulses that radiate through ones fingertips back into the computer (~)   smile

Can't be. I'm just full of impulses right now smile

1. Pandoras Box profile image81
        Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How do you think you got to 99?

Better to ask that tomorrow when in all likelihood I'll be at 95 again.

Honestly, I really cannot discern any cause and effect.  It never makes any sense to me.

As far as I can tell, there is nothing noticeably different ever.

2. barryrutherford profile image30
        barryrutherfordposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Trust me 99 out of 100 is High by any measure.  smile

I put mine down to my low resting heart rate which should be factored in tongue

really probably due in part to a long hiatus I took shortly after joining HP

3. CASE1WORKER profile image84
    CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago

no idea, never made it higher than 99, but to be a complete 100 would be ..........
    like eating hot rice pudding with lots of strawberry jam

4. melpor profile image89
    melporposted 6 years ago

Brie, I have been there twice myself. It comes and goes until finally your score starts to stabilize. I think a few things contribute to it such as, overall hubscores, number of hits, years on hubpages, and your participation in the hubpages communities (comments, answers, etc.). All this is then probably fed into a formula similar to what they use to determine ratings for quarterbacks in the NFL.

5. shazwellyn profile image84
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

I have noticed a spike in traffic on one hub can cause a lower authorscore.

Just looked up Darkside's stance on this and it looks like he has updated his hub on this:

http://hubpages.com/hub/hubberscore

Things have changed and the mystery continues...

working