jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

The Right Amount of Hub

1. caninecrtitics profile image64
    caninecrtiticsposted 5 years ago

So i see people with 20 or 25 hubs and they ae claiming to make good money.  Also i see someone with 300 hubs making good money.  Whats the difference?  Should I have only 20 good quality hubs and promote them like crazy.  With that you would have to do some intense keyword research.  I make money each month but not enough for pay out but I have over 200 hubs.  Yes they aren't the best quality but it has effort in it.

Any insight would be great
    Thank you.

Bill Manning i notice you only have 20 some hubs how do you pick which ones to keep and do you delete under performing ones.

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The differences are the author, the subject/topic, the intention, the audience, the promotional efforts (or not), the quality of writing, the experience(s) of the Hub author, the age of the Hubs... what isn't the difference?

2. caninecrtitics profile image64

I'm looking to make some money what would everyone recommend?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Time in school.  Learn all you can about writing on HP

Work.  Keep writing.

More time in school - learn more.

Learn more tips about writing online

More work - keep writing.

2. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

"everyone" will recommend something different.

I like the "thousand monkeys" approach. Keep throwing stuff at the wall and see what sticks.

But there is nothing wrong with "tight, focused and heavily promoted" or anything in between.

Whatever you do will require work. There is no easy path.

3. thisisoli profile image73
      thisisoliposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would recommend that you just start writing, submitting your hubs to the extreme hub makeover section, reading about how to make money online, and in general learn the subject, no one can just tell you how to instantly make money online.

3. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 5 years ago

I do wonder if a person has only a handful of hubs and makes good money if what is happening is that the hub is driving traffic to their website, is boosting the rank of their website and basically doing a good job of making their website more profitable. That their hubs are strong links in a chain that span across the internet like a cool spiders web smile

4. andyoz profile image87
    andyozposted 5 years ago

I have been here a month now, I am learning as I go, for me it's trial and error.  An article that has excellent content that I worked hard on has had 20 views.  Whereas an article I did a bit of research on and found a cool niche has had over 5000 views.  I would say my first article is of a higher standard, but because I learnt how to give people what they want it seems to have worked.

That said, some of my articles I think will do really well seem to crash and burn.  At this stage for me it's about learning as I go.

One thing I have not cracked yet is Amazon.  Not a sale in sight sad

1. CMHypno profile image90
      CMHypnoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Don't worry about Amazon sales - they will come in time!

1. andyoz profile image87
        andyozposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hope so!

5. caninecrtitics profile image64

I understand I won't get the fix all to make money lol.  It just gets frustrating when your sitting at the middle of the hill and you seem to be stuck but you don't want to do anything to start rolling back and lose everything.  But thank you guys for all the advice.