jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Suggestion: Change text for photos in Answers section

1. simeonvisser profile image88
    simeonvisserposted 6 years ago

Instead of having the text "Include a photo with your question" when asking a question, make that relevant photo to make it clear to people that the photo should be relevant for the question. People keep adding faces of themselves.

As an example, I just saw someone who manages to signup for HubPages, manages to ask a question and manages to add an irrelevant photo of herself but is unable to log into Facebook... http://hubpages.com/question/96891/how- … s-computer

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 6 years ago

I've noticed this as well.  The intention of the feature was to add relevant photos to the question.  However, people often use things differently than we intended.  Doesn't mean it's wrong.  I'm going to see if I can get data on questions with photos to see if they have different engagement characteristics.   I bet people that add a photo relevant or personal get more PVs and answers to their questions...I'll let you know if I can pull the data.

simeonvisserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Paul, I would like to see that data as well. A photo of yourself does draw attention to that question but I'm not sure if such a practise is indeed beneficial. I hope questions with relevant photos do better, possibly even better than regular questions. Most questions have no photos though so people will answer questions with a photo anyway.

1. Right On Time profile image79
        Right On Timeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

But it's funny! My favourite is the one about economics or something with the pic of someone blowing out candles on their birthday cake. lol...

Your last question made me laugh smile I'm already enjoying the Answers section but this practise would make it even better! Who can come up with the best combinations of questions and irrelevant photos haha big_smile

Hilarious smile We should have a "funny" feedback button too for questions. And then an accolade for Funniest Question Asker lol

very true...and i win most silly answer
                http://hubpages.com/question/97074/what … -green-tea

3. 0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago

What at the end of the day provokes a need for this type of change?  Would a relevant photo impact your question so much more? 

I apologize but I also feel it sad featuring one woman in the OP unless she agreed to be the example of what is clearly funny to some Hubbers.

Help me understand what qualifier you would implement and who would decide what is relevant visually to the authors question????????????  hmm:

btw welcome, I just find this thread odd is all

thank you smile

working