jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

There's some really crazy people out there

1. Bard of Ely profile image87
    Bard of Elyposted 5 years ago

In one of my many hubs about adventurer and author David de Rothschild someone who read it actually posted a comment claiming that I am David and am playing mind games here by pretending to be Bard of Ely! I never ever thought that the day would arrive that someone would think I was a member of this wealthy banking family! It has now arrived!

1. Pcunix profile image89
      Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm sure they had excellent reasons to assume that. It makes perfect sense if you think about it very hard. It would be a very good disguise, and you know how sneaky those adventurers can be.

2. Flightkeeper profile image77
    Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago

I think you should feel good about that big_smile

3. CMHypno profile image90
    CMHypnoposted 5 years ago

But I thought that you were David de Rothschild, Bard? Another belief crushed!

I had a very strange comment this morning (in very bad English!) complaining that I had used 'I' in my hub which meant that they couldn't use it for their school paper easily and then asking me if I was a stalker?

4. Bard of Ely profile image87

Pcunix, it would also mean that David, or someone working for him, would have to spend many hours putting together all my other hundreds of hubs and keeping up a presence on this site as well as all the others where I am known as bard of Ely and post links to here from. It would be a full-scale operation and I am certain David has much better things to do with his time than that!

Meanwhile on his Twitter page a week or so back in relation to confusion over mail that had supposedly been sent to him that he hadn't got,I figured out it had gone to a fake site on Facebook and tried explaining this to the person who'd sent it. David posted in answer to her queries that "Bardofely is the real deal."

So there you are, the real David de Rothschild has publicly declared that I am really who I say I am and I have denied that I am him here!

It's a case of Will the real David de Rothschild and Bard of Ely please stand up? lol

1. mega1 profile image79
      mega1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

would the real David de Rothschild really stoop to hubbing?  I wonder!  hmmmmmmmm . . .

5. Bard of Ely profile image87

Well, according to what was posted, yes!