jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Credit for links outside of Hubpages

1. GoGranny profile image82
    GoGrannyposted 5 years ago

I want to know if I am using links to related articles outside of Hubpages can I get credit if another site benefits from the traffic I send to it? If so, how can I track this?

1. 0
      ssaulposted 5 years ago in reply to this

yes you benefit by getting backlinks which will improve your hubscore as well as search engine! you can track it by going into your account and check traffic source.

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I believe that GoGranny is talking about outbound links, whereas you are talking about inbound links. The only way to benefit financially from outbound links, i.e. links from hubs to an external site, would be if they are affiliate links or the OP has a vested interest in the external site being linked to.

Without such ties, it is not possible to measure the traffic of an external site directly, only the webmaster has access to those data. So one would have to contact the webmaster and propose some arrangement.

2. lrohner profile image86
      lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No -- unless, as WE pointed out, you make arrangements with the other site, and it's highly doubtful that anyone will compensate you for potential traffic.

I do believe there is some benefit in including outbound links in your hubs, though, and I routinely do it. Read this article from SEOMoz.

2. GoGranny profile image82
    GoGrannyposted 5 years ago

Hey thanks for the advice everyone! Helps me greatly! I am trying to learn more about writing here on Hubpages, especially some things I may already be doing but not optimizing. Thanks again!!