jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (15 posts)

Tag Suggestion Tool

1. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

My tag suggestion tool hasn't been working yesterday or today. It just says no suggestions, have I written enough words? and this on a 1,500 word hub!
    Its only a problem on new hubs. Anyone else had this problem?

1. warchild75 profile image48
      warchild75posted 5 years ago in reply to this

i havent used that since i started,i was warned off using it by some more experienced hubbers and havent used it since then!!

2. CMHypno profile image90
    CMHypnoposted 5 years ago

I had the same problem on the hub I completed yesterday Izzy and that hub was also over 1000 words long

3. lrohner profile image86
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Gee, I didn't know anyone actually used that tool. The suggestions it usually gives me are terrible.

4. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

I check over the tool's suggestions and pick out relevant ones plus add my own Lrohner, but I am kinda lost thinking up tags without it.

1. lrohner profile image86
      lrohnerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I trust your judgment, Izzy. Maybe I should take a closer look at it next time. smile

5. Michael Willis profile image77
    Michael Willisposted 5 years ago

There must be a glitch somewhere. Someone posted yesterday that their keyword tool was working now on their hub, but mine are still not changing.  Must be the same issue with tags suggestion tool.

6. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

I usually use it, It does seem to be a little broken right now though!

7. motherbeastly profile image60
    motherbeastlyposted 5 years ago

I like the tag suggester, but as you say it seems a little bit broke right now.  I thought it was just me :-)

1. andyoz profile image84
      andyozposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've had the same problem, I just thought I must have done very well suggesting all the possible tags.  Obviously not.

8. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

Actually, I'll tell you what its excellent for! While it does tend to pick up repeated phrases or part of phrases that you weren't targetting, it is really good at picking up any targetted keywords you added into the body of the hub.
    If your targetted keywords aren't offered by the tool, then you know you have underused them in the hub.

9. WoodsmensPost profile image64
    WoodsmensPostposted 5 years ago

Thanks for pointing this out. On the last 3 hubs I published today it suggested none and I thought it was kind of weird but didn't bother to consider it might not be working properly.

10. lindajot profile image81
    lindajotposted 5 years ago

Funny I see this post today -
    I actually had forgotten about this tool, and went through last night and picked out the tags I liked for all my hubs - Nice jump in traffic - I'm guessing it triggers fresh content?  It's exciting for me to see my traffic higher from google and other sights than Hubpages (though I love it when hubbers read too smile It took some work, but was worth it cause my income jumped too.

11. sofs profile image88
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Oh I thought I was the one who had the problem... i had put in a about six tags and looked for suggestion and that was the same message I got.. so I went ahead and created my own tags yesterday!

12. divacratus profile image74
    divacratusposted 5 years ago

Same problem here! Wonder when the Hubpages Team will fix it! It was quite useful for me. Like already mentioned, it was pretty handy to know whether or not a keyword was underused or not.