jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Ice storm in South GA!

1. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 5 years ago

It snowed here a little at 4 am, and now all the trees are coated in ice. Just about all the schools around here are closed, and some areas are without power, including a local college.

2. 0
    ralwusposted 5 years ago

Deal with it as we do. tongue

1. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm enjoying it! I have 2 of the grands today since the schools are closed.

2. Aficionada profile image94
      Aficionadaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey, ralwus, will you send the ice-scrapers, chemical trucks and sand trucks to the South so they can deal with it as you do?

It's honestly not at all the same there.  For one thing, because of the temperature variations (i.e., not as consistently cold when it hovers around the freezing point), they are more likely to have ice along with the snow - as they have had in this case; and of course that is far more dangerous than snow alone.

habee, Pandoras Box, et al.:  I hope y'all stay safe and warm and healthy!!!  Enjoy the pretty part - make some snowmen or snow angels (or snow witches, if you prefer! lol), have a snowball fight, drink some hot chocolate or mulled apple cider, and have a bowl of chicken soup.

We're supposed to get some tonight, but nothing like what I hear you all have now.