jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (21 posts)

How close have you come to actually KNOWING another hubber?

1. lorlie6 profile image84
    lorlie6posted 6 years ago

Though I've never met anyone from this site, I went to college in St. Louis back in the 70's and came very close to knowing Christoph Reilly.  We actually lived in the same dormitory there-at about the same time.
    How 'bout you?

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There's only one that I actually know, knew before I started hubbing.
      Or at least know OF.   Because I think I'd be safe to bet that there are some who know me, but who haven't revealed their actual names, only screen names.

2. wordscribe43 profile image93
      wordscribe43posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh, funny that Lorlie. I grew up in St. Louis... was there in the 60's and 70's.  I moved away, then returned to go to graduate school at Washington University...  I know Frieda Babbley lives there.

I know Starme and stephhicks live in OR...  And, I've come across more hubbers from here, but haven't met any in person.

3. warchild75 profile image46
      warchild75posted 6 years ago in reply to this

i have one friend and one family member who write on here!!

2. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 6 years ago

Good post lorlie and got me to thinkin.

Where is everyone from or residing .

Country
    State or Province ,Etc

I was in SC ,currently in Ohio smile

3. katiem2 profile image58
    katiem2posted 6 years ago

I've gotten very close to several and made some really amazing friends.

I've met with several in real life and we've had a blast.  I've always be all out me, no avatars and plain and simple Katie.

I love meeting new people, a very social butterfly!

smile Great Question big_smile

4. Google Gal profile image60
    Google Galposted 6 years ago

not too sure , havent't been around enough to actually get to know anyone , but most people on this site seem pretty nice so far smile

5. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 6 years ago

I've talked to a few on the phone and texted to several and know one who is a minister in UK.

1. katiem2 profile image58
      katiem2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Patty you and I are neighbors are we not? 

I live in Columbus, well a surburb of... big_smile

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image88
        Patty Inglish, MSposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh yeah, that's right! Hi Neighbor!

1. katiem2 profile image58
          katiem2posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi there, loving this weather Aye?  cool We do it right in Ohio...

2. Google Gal profile image60
      Google Galposted 6 years ago in reply to this

patty gets around lol smile

6. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

If I know any Hubbers I don't know that I know them (because of user names).  As far as I know, I don't know any.  I've talked to one on the phone once.  Probably would have talked more, but the timing for extra-Hub-ular activity wasn't good.

7. Sue Adams profile image92
    Sue Adamsposted 6 years ago

Both my brother and sister are Hubbers. I persuaded them to be.

8. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Excellent question!
    The only hubbers I have met in person are from Hub Camp, does that count?
    There is one hubber who I know lives in my area and we have talked (ad nauseum) about getting together but haven't so far.

I would be so excited if there was some kind of Hubber Convention-- wouldn't that be GREAT?

1. Lisa HW profile image81
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I can't help but wonder if there would be a convention facility that would hold - maybe - 1000 people; and the other 210,000 Hubbers would turn out to be "alter egos" who either couldn't show up, or else who only showed up when some of the first 1000 left the room and came back wearing a mask (or something like that).   smile

OR - maybe too: 900 of those who showed up at the convention center would come from other countries and not be able to make it, leaving 100 people from the US and Canada at the convention.   lol

2. profile image0
      Kathryn LJposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There's a hub camp?

9. habee profile image90
    habeeposted 6 years ago

I gave birth to one, and I've known another hubber even longer. Otherwise, I've talked to several on the phone.

10. Kotori profile image72
    Kotoriposted 6 years ago

I know two other hubbers.  I've known them since long before we started hubbing.  They got me into this!

11. ahorseback profile image47
    ahorsebackposted 6 years ago

I know no other  hubbers outside of the pages ,  However I feel as though a new kind of friendship has evolved here , I have trouble understanding it sometimes because I'm a fairly private person. But to know other people in some of the ways that we do is so interesting . I feel and intense connection at times here with others. And constantly look forward to logging on. This is a great time to say ....Thank you hubbers!

12. Mikeydoes profile image76
    Mikeydoesposted 6 years ago

If I were ever to meet someone it would be them coming to visit me. At least at this point in my life, I can't afford it!

I have heard of people from previous forums going to visit eachother. This whole idea of meeting people on Hubpages/online communities seems like the future. It seems like I spend more time with you guys more than I spend with most people I have met in my life.

working