jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Question about Photos -- I just thought of this

1. 0
    Donna Ferrierposted 5 years ago

Hi again all,

Ever since HP updated the way we upload photos, I've been using the hyperlink feature to link to where I got the photo, just for courtesy's sake. I buy most of my photos from iStockPhoto, and use them according to their rules. I know that we can run into problems, though, if we have multiple links to the same site, so my question is would those photo links all count as "multiple links to one site" even though they each have their own link within the iStockPhoto site?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't think so.  I use Flickr exclusively for all my photos, and 99% of my Hubs were written before the rule change - which means every single one of my Hubs has multiple links to Flickr within the text itself.

If that doesn't cause a problem, then I doubt multiple links within the capsule will.  I suspect HubPages must have made an allowance for photo site links!

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Yes, as long as they are going to the same top level domain. I would advise contacting HubPages in advance of posting more than two links, as they may exempt photo sharing sites. Otherwise, simply avoid providing a live hyperlink in more than two instances.

1. 0
      Donna Ferrierposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thx, WE. I took 'em out and just left the text citations.

1. 0
        Donna Ferrierposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Errr, I meant the text photo captions...sorry...I'm a major night owl, and at 12:39 p.m. it's still not late enough for me to be awake...LOL