jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Promoting your hub in a forum?

1. fit2day profile image83
    fit2dayposted 5 years ago

In reading many forums, I've seen where people have posted in forums to promote their hubs. At first I thought, wow that's rude, but now I think I have a different view.

I think we all want our hubs to be read so promotion rather through a social network, around the hub-pages community, or wherever is important.

...Or, is promoting one's hub in forums a nuisance, which takes away from the forum's purpose?

1. Daniel Carter profile image90
      Daniel Carterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

TOS says no self promotion in the forums, meaning if you post a link to a hub for the purpose of promotion, they will delete it. In threads where it's relevant, there are people who have linked to a hub of another hubber to help in providing info or answering questions in the forums. Mentioning that you have a hub on a relevant subject, without linking to it can be helpful at times, but shouldn't be done flagrantly. It's a matter of respect for each other since none of us wants to be spammed. Good hubbers tend to build followers over time because they write quality hubs and are interesting and friendly in the forums. (Well, as a rule that's true, but not in all cases...)

Welcome to HP! Looking forward to reading your hubs.

1. fit2day profile image83
        fit2dayposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for being the first to reply to the forum, I don't think it could be put better than how you put it.

2. Pandoras Box profile image82
    Pandoras Boxposted 5 years ago

Noting that you're still a relatively new hubber, I'll add that you can post a hub link in the extreme hub makeover subforum only, for the purpose of seeking advice from others about what improvements could be made to your layout and such.

1. 0
      ssaulposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I join a whole host of forums related non related to my hub topics and upon sign up they normally ask for website url and email signature and i put my hubpages url as my email signature and my blog for website url, and i started that last saturday and within that space of time my google page rank for my blog jump 1 bar. now how cool is that? its all about backlinking.