jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (12 posts)

Google SLAP - Water For Fuel Advertisements

1. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 8 years ago

Some bad news for you if you are promoting "Water for Fuel" , and "Run Your Car on Water" type content.

Apparently Google is about to stop serving adverts related to these type of products.

This is part of the Google  message which was sent out recently:

"Beginning in the coming weeks, we will no longer accept ads promoting ‘run your car on water’ and 'water for gas' type content. We've made the decision to disallow such advertisements based on business considerations and user feedback.

When we make this change, Google will suspend all ads identified as being in violation of this policy. If your account is affected by this policy change, please make any necessary changes to your site to comply.

We have thought hard about our stance on the advertising of this content and the potential effect our policy decision could have on AdWords advertisers. However, as a business, Google must make decisions regarding the advertising that we accept. We apologize for the inconvenience this policy change may cause you."

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

LOL - Misha will be happy - I will be interested to see what sort of ads they serve on these hubs afterwards - publ;ic service announcements smile

I wonder what next, Forex Trading? big_smile

Eric Graudinsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Well, since water for gas will become a prohibited subject like gambling, perhaps the water for gas hubs will be prohibited.

And yes, Misha will be grinning like a cheshire cat!

And I don't know what you'vce got against the noble profession of Forex Trading big_smile

3. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Hadn't thought of that - I wonder if Misha will need help flagging...... big_smile

1. Misha profile image76
      Mishaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

LOL, I think I published the list of most popular offending hubs a while ago in my whining thread, http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/5156 - thanks for your help big_smile

Actually, this is a perfect example of "ask and you shell receive", isn't it Mark? This time God picked Google to be its helper in granting my request. Why? You never know, but my wild guess would be because I have several hubs on Google. wink

4. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 8 years ago

I wonder if they ban those water4gas hubs if they'll shut down mine too on some automated sweep that doesn't get satire.  That would make me unhappy. sad

Eric Graudinsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Serves you right for poking fun at those poor (and soon to be poorer) hubbers who were only trying to save people money in these days of rapidly rising energy costs. lol

5. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

big_smile

1. SunSeven profile image62
      SunSevenposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Soon someone is going to substitute the word 'water' with something else and this scam will take a new life again smile

1. Misha profile image76
        Mishaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Well, this is a cultural problem as I see it. America is a country of a "quick fix", and Americans keep looking for one even if it does not exist... smile

6. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

Glad they did something about smile.

7. RFox profile image81
    RFoxposted 8 years ago

Power to the people (Misha)....Lol wink

working