jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Utterly baffled by AdSense -- how does it work?

1. 61
    NormanDoeringposted 8 years ago

There's this box on my profile called "Affiliate Settings" and I have one Affiliate Code for Google. Status is active. But how do I get signed up on the others (Amazon, Ebay...)? And why are their no ads on my page? Do I have to pick them myself?

My hub page is here:

What can I do to make money with it? Should even expect any with that kind of page or would I be wasting my time?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 8 years ago

I suggest you read the HubPages FAQ starting at this point,

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

Yes, Norman, you can make money from Adsense so it's worth signing up! 

You have some interesting artwork!   As an artist, you must have a good eye, so spend some time learning about the different layout options for HubPages:

While you're at it, it's worth reading all Darkside's other Hubs on how to Hub.

I just need to ask, do you realise HubPages is not a blog?  You don't put all your material on one Hub, you start a new one for each new topic.  I'd change the title of your first Hub to something more descriptive, for a start.

I also think you could make much more of your art - rather than posting a seemingly random collection of images on one Hub, post two or three images which are related in some way - then tell us the story of how and why you came to produce them.  I think people would be interested in a Hub like that.

4. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 8 years ago

This What Is Adsense? will give you an overview of what it is and how it works.