jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Easter of Valentines Day.....

1. profile image0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

What be the most lucrative? In other words, if you were to target one but not the other for profit, which would you choose?

2. profile image0

Gosh you can tell I am rusty when it comes to the forum.... Easter OR Valentines Day.

3. slc334 profile image60
    slc334posted 6 years ago

No idea, and just as interested.  I basically commented so I can be notified if someone answers.  Sorry to horn in on your question!

4. geargirl113 profile image60
    geargirl113posted 6 years ago

I have been focusing mostly on Valentines Day. I think there is a chance of larger purchases with jewelry and other high ticket items.

I am going to get started in on a few Easter hubs just to have something to compare it to. (I should have probably written Easter hubs before Christmas if I wanted a real idea of how they would do)

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree with your sentiments about the size of the gifts, but people should in theory be buying only one gift for Valentines wink

Quantity v Quality I feel!

5. profile image0

It's all good.

Basically its a choice between people being expected to buy for their kids, or being expected to buy for their spouse.

I would hazard a guess that people spend more on Valentines, but then again plenty of couples agree to ignore it!

Easter might see more quantity though, often people buy for their multiple children and then their nieces and nephews etc.

And, a kid is never going to agree to not recieving an Easter gift! That said, I used to ask for money at Easter!

6. b. Malin profile image58
    b. Malinposted 6 years ago

I would say Valentines Day...Because it's Universal...Everyone can get into the act of buying and sending...no religion involved.  It's fun, It's LOVE and a way of expressing how much you care for someone.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Despite being an athiest, I still celebrated Easter as a kid. As did my whole athiest family, I saw it as Chocolate Day I think.

7. geargirl113 profile image60
    geargirl113posted 6 years ago

I do agree about the idea of quantity with Easter, but there are many parents that buy Valentines Day gifts for their children. My daughter gets gifts from me, her grand parents, and even her aunt on Valentines Day.

Of course, she also gets gifts for Easter too.

working