jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (24 posts)

150 Amazon Clicks - No Sales

1. andyoz profile image86
    andyozposted 6 years ago

So I have now had 150 Amazon clicks and not one sale.  Am I just being unlucky, or am I doing something wrong?  I have done a few 'sales hubs' have I picked the wrong products?  People are reading my hubs and some are obvioulsy heading over to Amazon, is there any reason why they are not buying?

1. tritrain profile image76
      tritrainposted 6 years ago in reply to this

They may be buying, but are blocking or deleting third party cookies.  You would not get a sale in this case.

Or, they left it in their Amazon shopping cart, to purchase later the next day, 25 hours later.  Thus your cookie expired.

It happens. 

In the meantime, keep perfecting your Hubs and diversify.  If you find a few gem niches then you could expand out and start your own Amazon affiliate store.  smile

andyozposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I could start my own what now?  Never heard of an Amazon affiliate store?

1. saleheensblog profile image60
          saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Log into amazon and create your aStore. The process of making it is very simple and amazon guides step by step. Remember you you should have to follow the promotional liking rule of HP when linking back to your aStore from your hubs.

2. tritrain profile image76

See my Hub on Comparing Amazon Affiliate stores.

They are NOT aStores!!

2. saleheensblog profile image60

Is it a option that items were sold but the revenue went to HP as 40% of the impressions goes to HP?

That's Adsense, not Amazon or Ebay.

oh

How do HP take their share then? 40% of our income? If amazon shows my revenue is 100 then will I get 60?

1. thisisoli profile image62
              thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

HP, and my site, both work by giving you 60% of advertisement impressions, so 60% of the time the Amazon module will include your Amazon ID, the remaining 40% of the time Hubpages ID is shown.

3. lrohner profile image84
        lrohnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It doesn't quite work that way. You get credit for anything someone who clicks one of your Amazon ads purchases in the next 24 hours, regardless of whether they put it in their shopping cart or not ahead of time. The only exception is if they click someone else's Amazon before the 24 hours is over, and then your cookie expires and you don't get credit for any more sales.

If they get to Amazon through your ad with your ID and they put a product in their shopping cart, they have 89 days to purchase that item and you will still get the credit. Again, that cookie stops if they click someone else's ad before they actually make the purchase.

2. izoooom profile image61
      izoooomposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's quite a lot of clicks so I would say you are getting very good amount of traffic for someone that has been on hubpages for 4weeks. As for making sales, give it time and it will start to happen as the clicks are going through.
      Getting the clicks is an issue for a lot of people in fact, so you have one down, one more to go.

3. J Sunhawk profile image82
      J Sunhawkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You're doing fine. Those clicks will turn into sales soon. Good luck.

2. Kangaroo_Jase profile image82
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 6 years ago

Heya Andy,

Give it time. I was getting consistent clicks through to Amazon for 4 months before I started making any sales at all, now it has paid off.

For me I thought about what niche I wanted to target, thought of ten or so topics (or more) within that niche to write Hubs for, then wrote and published.

Worked for me. Will go back through those hubs and see what interlinking I can do and if there are more topics to cover for that niche (no doubt there is)

Just keep patient and it will come.

I agree, definitely build a group of related pages and interlink them.

My bro did that here and dominated the Christmas gift topic, pocketing a nice pocketful of change along the way. smile

andyozposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have started writing a few hubs about toys, linked them together, they get a fair bit of traffic.  Just hoping someone starts to spend some money.  I suppose January is not a good time for toy sales.

No, it really dies down.

Except for winter/spring items.  Exercise DVDs, and such do well.

2. Kangaroo_Jase profile image82
          Kangaroo_Jaseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Andy,

I imagine sales for January are sh*tty worldwide after Christmas. I know in Australia our biggest bargain day is Boxing Day, which for those of you who don't know, this is our equivalent to Black Friday in the US.

The other shocker is folks are also getting their monthly statement in for their credit cards, and look at the statement and think 'I didn't spend that much?'.

Come Feb, Mar, the shock will wear off and people will start spending again.

3. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 6 years ago

Hardly any of mine do either.  I guess people do not want what I feature from Amazon.

1. profile image0
      ssaulposted 6 years ago in reply to this

January is usually a hard month for sales, it will pick as late January early February hang tight!

4. thisisoli profile image62
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Yeah you have started writing at just the wrong time for sales. I would not worry too much, just keep writing and things will pick up, it generally takes a while for anyone to start seeing real profits.

hello oli smile

5. Barbara Kay profile image85
    Barbara Kayposted 6 years ago

I have this happen to me too. It may be they shop like me and don't instantly make a purchase. Sometimes I think a few days before buying something.

6. tritrain profile image76
    tritrainposted 6 years ago

Some products do well this time of year.  What do people usually do at the turn of the year?

New Years Resolutions?

Lose weight - weight loss stuff, dvd, exercise equipment, etc
    Read - Books
    Exercise video games - Wii Fit

Attachments for stuff they got for Christmas.

1. ThomasE profile image81
      ThomasEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Toy hubs just after christmas, when every kid has had tens of thousands of toys = no sales.

I wouldn't worry. Amazon is obviously working, otherwise it wouldn't register clicks. With that number of clicks, you will soon be making money.

working