jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Can we put adsense for "feeds" on hubpages?

1. Brie Hoffman profile image80
    Brie Hoffmanposted 6 years ago

This may be a stupid question but can we put adsense on anthing BUT content on Hubpages?  Does one have to have their own website for these other avenues like feeds, mobile, search and domains?

1. ChuckHuckaby profile image59
      ChuckHuckabyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Perhaps you could send your feed from hubpages through feedburner.google.com and attach adsense to that feed.

Yep, just did that with Feedburner and connected it to Adsense. Now you just have to publicize that feed.

Brie Hoffmanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I never could see why anyone would be interested in a feed.

Well, you can submit feeds to directories to automatically create backlinks automatically. 

I also have software that takes my RSS feed and turns them into individual posts and backlinks on a blog I own.

Personally if someone at hub pages has interesting hubs (I think I can learn from them) I put their RSS feed in my feed reader rather than waiting for an email from hub pages.

So feeds are very flexible. I get most of my news by RSS feed these days instead of going to individual websites to see what's new.

I have adsense on other feeds and make some money... so on my profile I encouraged people to sign up for my feedburner hub feed with ads.

If I could add it to a hub page, I'd put adsense for search. That works well too.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

It is definitely not a stupid question, but the answer is that HubPages only supports AdSense for content.

Brie Hoffmanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Darn, I was afraid of that.  Hmm, so the only way to exploit those other avenues is to get my own website?  What about Blogger do you know if you can do it on Blogger?

2. profile image0
      TopUniverseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What about adsense for link units?
      I see link unit ads appearing on the hubpages but never got any click on it.

3. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I think Blogger would offer you more flexibility, yes.

4. thisisoli profile image56
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

it may be hard to verify your feed, if the option could be put in place then it would be nice to have a 'feed advertisement capsule' so that we could place an rss button somewhere in our article for our hubs, or have an option to change the default feed on our profile. earnings from feeds are so low though!

working