jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Juggling hub - would greatly appreciate feedback

1. AMSpace profile image87
    AMSpaceposted 5 years ago

Hi everyone,

I've recently finished writing a hub on the benefits of juggling - something I enjoy doing myself - and would love some feedback.

I was aiming for "informative and interesting", hopefully conveying some of my passion too!

What do you think?

Is the style too formal?

All comments and suggestions welcome.

2. RedElf profile image85
    RedElfposted 5 years ago

I read your article and found it very scholarly in full of solid information. It is very formal, though.
    I have always been fascinated by jugglers and look forward every year to the Mud Bay Jugglers coming back to the Fringe Theater Festival. They are amazing, and exciting, and FUN - they juggle on stilts!
    Your hub is quite academic, but juggling, though it has serious roots and benefits, is FUN to watch.
    You might consider adding several video clips of jugglers - something exciting ...a circus act or fire jugglers?

...and I think you mean "predict" ..."When juggling the juggler will have to prempt where the thrown items will fall, moving their hands accordingly to catch them."

...as well your second and fifth paragraphs could be broken into two chunks -(new thought, new paragraph)

Lots of good info - well written and nice clean formatting big_smilebig_smilebig_smile

Hope this helps - and Welcome to HubPages!!!!!

AMSpaceposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi RedElf,

Thanks very much for the feedback - I did indeed mean "predict". Corrected now.

Video clips are a great idea and definitely something I'll look at implementing, and in future articles too. Watching an exciting video can certainly be very inspirational.

Thank you for the welcome smile

3. yenajeon profile image83
    yenajeonposted 5 years ago

I found it very well written, stylistically and grammatically. However, I do feel it has a formal vibe.
    I've always wanted to learn how to juggle, I've never been able to!
    Welcome to HP!

AMSpaceposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi yenajeon,

Thanks for the kind words and the welcome. I was aiming for the article to be informative, first and foremost, and perhaps it ended up slightly more formal than initially intended. Hopefully I'll find that middle-ground!