jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

New Hubber

1. cgoddard profile image61
    cgoddardposted 5 years ago

I posted my first just a few days ago. I write for a few different places, and will soon make the leap into full-time freelancing. I'm still trying to get a feel for the Hubpages style. I believe it is more conversational and "fun" than the places where I usually write. Is this the general idea of a product hub, or am I pushing too far?

http://hubpages.com/hub/Skin-Wrinkle-Ca … Treatments

Does anyone care to share the keyword stats you target? Min CPC or Global Search Volume you choose.

So far, not one hit on any my hubs from outside of hubpages, but I'm hoping this is not cause for concern because it is so early. Everywhere else I've written, I've received hits from Google almost immediately, so I'm starting to think I'm doing something very wrong.

1. Valeed profile image82
      Valeedposted 5 years ago in reply to this

HP is truely a great place to write and share our thoughts. smile Its kind of an addiction which will get to you when you write more hubs and spend some time over here wink
      Now lets talk about your hub smile According to me the hub was not bad but there were few things that you might have improved. Firstly, I thought that there was a pic which was missing. Pictures are a great way to convey your message, so try to upload a pic which is similar to the product that you are trying to sell. To improve your keyword research you will have to do your homework yourself. No one will tell you there niche markets and for me even expecting that is being foolish. You will have to do all this by yourself. There are many hubs available which explains keyword research in detail and they will be helpful for sure. I'm also in the process of learning and keyword research is one thing that I'm working on. I hope I figure out the secret to it soon.
      Try this hub if you wish to improve on your sale hub writing smile
      http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Write-an … azon-Items

cgoddardposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you. I didn't really expect anyone to give any secrets, just a large  range maybe of what makes a keyword a "good" keyword for HP. without getting too in detail. Thank you for your suggestions. I will get back to work.

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Google likes webpages that aged, so yours may do better later on. Right now, they're all indexed but aren't ranking very well. The best one you've got is the tria hub that's on page 3 of Google. Your other hubs are showing up on pages 6, 7 or 10 -- not great. Oh, and your love quotes is indexed, but isn't ranking for its keyword. No surprise you're not getting organic traffic.

You can wait to see how things change over time, or you can try to build a few quality backlinks to help your hubs along.

cgoddardposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for taking a look. I haven't worked on backlinks yet, but I need to. I need to add content to the quotes hub. Right now it just doesn't say anything & needs some actual content. Thank you for your suggestions.