Stealing content from hubbers

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (61 posts)
  1. Hubalicious profile image60
    Hubaliciousposted 15 years ago

http://xhubpages.wordpress.com/ with a user name of rayskd2000 is stealing content from hubpages and linking back to the original articles with their own signup token in the link.

I guess if people sign up after coming from that site the person will make money from additional ad views generated.  So if you object to having your work stolen by this person I suggest you let them know about it.

1. guidebaba profile image58
      guidebabaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hello People. I am rayskd2000 (Guidebaba). So you think I am Stealing. I am not stealing anything. I am promoting other Hubs with my Refferal Code for my 9% share and Refferals. This is 100% Legal. I n fact the original Publishers here are gaining more than what I am doing.

How many Hubs have you written...0 Hubs in 4 months and then you come here and shout that somebody is stealing hubs.

Ask the Publishers who have gained from my promotion campaign. Sunseven, Isbela Snow, Hoodala are some of the big gainers.

Yes I have deleted the HUB on wordpress because you people don't know the difference between good work and Stealing.

Good Luck !

1. agrovertic profile image40
        agroverticposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Wo wow wo this is kewl explaination and it relevant at my view,ya i guess you are the good internet marketing person,really impress with your explaination and i envy that and you know what you are doing and what is your rite...kewll bro perhaps you can teach me due to i am very very new to this kinda things

2. relache profile image74
    relacheposted 15 years ago

This guy's got a profile, http://hubpages.com/profile/rayskd2000, but no hubs of his own.  Looks like he just watches the fan clubs of certain key words.

Your Post is nothing but COW DUNG. I am rayskd2000 (guidebaba)

1. relache profile image74
        relacheposted 15 years agoin reply to this

First of all, there isn't a single published hub credited to rayskd2000, and there isn't anything there that says that person is also you, so I consider my statement to still be accurate.

Secondly, as far as cow dung goes, I'd like to ask how come such a large percentage of the text content from many of your higher-ranking hubs can be found word-for-word on other websites?  Do you write for Wikipedia and Newsweek too?

Same is the case with all your hubs. Do you write from Wikipedia and Newsweek?

Oh dear... Your riposte needs a bit of work too.

Of course you can say that when you can write Tons of Hubs on Tattoos and link them to your personal blogs. Excellent.

3. Eric Graudins profile image60
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

Sure, the site consists of links to hub pages content.
    But I'm not really sure that he's doing anything wrong.
    He's not stealing your work, just linking to it.

He's basically using the title of the hub, (which I think is allowed under RSS provisions), and would be getting a share of revenue if anyone clicked on ads when they followed his link. (But he's been deleted now)

His site actually promotes hub pages content.
    I'd be interested in hearing the opinions of Maddie, or someone more knowledgeable on this topic.

You are 100% Correct. I just posted few lines with a picture and then linked it to the original hubs. I gained. The original Publishes here of HP gained More. Correct ?

4. Hubalicious profile image60

Eric,  If you look at the articles on that site they are the same articles from hubpages but linked back with his affiliate id in place.  Using someone else's hard work to promote yourself and get traffic from wordpress is not wrong in your opinion?  It doesn't matter what Maddie thinks, it is a copyright violation any way you look at it.  I am pretty sure the authors of those works did not give their permission for him to use their articles.

Promoting hubpages content with a hidden agenda.  If you don't care about your copyright then no problem but I am sure some authors here will object.

Nobody Except you will have any problem. You better write some Hubs and then come here for discussion.

2. agrovertic profile image40
      agroverticposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Well to get those free article is easy you can get it from the ghost article or submitize but you need to pay the side to get all the articles needed and i've find out it was a duplicate article which so many publisher using a same article "sigh" actually is not easy to get rich,we need to do some research and study and it will take more times effort and once it done we publish and once it been publish our effort has been taken by someone for their own interest it no issue as long they put authors name who been created the article earlier and this will make the authors  famous i guess...just my 2cent oppinion

5. Eric Graudins profile image60

Hi Sydney,

If you have a look at "Making Money" Section 8 "Traffic Referral" of the hub pages faq at http://hubpages.com/faq/ 
    you'll see that Hub Pages encourages you to link to hubs from other sites.

While it was probably not their intention that an entire site would be set up with links to hubs, it's clear that Hub Pages ENCOURAGE links from other sites. And any payment that's made as a result is made by Hubpages from their share of Adsense revenue.

So, sorry, I don't agree that it is a copyright violation. By publishing on hubPages, Authors give their permission for  part of their work (including the title)  to be syndicated via RSS.

Perhaps you may be confused about the location of the content.
    If the content has been taken from Hub Pages and put onto another website, I would totally agree with you.
    However in this case, the content is being viewed on hubpages - where it was published by the author.

I'm very aware and concerned by copyright issues. There's a fair bit of my stuff on the net that's been stolen, with no attribution at all.

But in this instance, there is no copyright violation, and apart from maybe the huge number of links to hubpages from that site I still think that the owner of that site has broken no rules. (And I'm not the owner of that site either  big_smile)

Regards,
    Eric G.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Eric is right, it's completely legitimate to refer to someone else's Hub using your own referral  link.

In this case, if this person was promoting my Hub, I wouldn't mind at all if he used his own referral link and gained some benefit from that.  The reader will land on my Hub, after all, and it will be perfectly clear that I wrote it. 

Sydney, I notice you've been here 4 months but don't have any Hubs yet - time to get Hubbing!

6. Hubalicious profile image60

Marisa, you are both wrong or don't really understand what is happening there.  The person in question is re-posting the hub article on their site.  I hope that makes it more clear for you.

If I or you were to copy someone else's work and re-post it anywhere it is a copyright violation.  It is stealing no matter how you look at it.  They aren't simply linking to a hubpage they are reprinting it.

If you don't have a problem with that then you are leaving yourself open to having all of your work stolen and used by someone else.  Just because they are linking back to the original does not make it okay.  They are not using it as a reference, they are using your work to make them money.

I hope that cleared it up for you.  If not then i really don't know what else to say.  But please don't say that what this person is doing is okay.

1. Eric Graudins profile image60
      Eric Graudinsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hubalicious,
      Good luck with your Internet Marketing studies.

I'd respectfully suggest that you begin by learning about RSS, hyperlinks, and how to identify the location of the web content you are looking at.

Please post the URL of one of the articles concerned that you reckon has been copied to that site.

2. guidebaba profile image58

You are 200% wrong. I am 100% Legal. Ask Sir. Paul. And you better do some study before saying somebody is stealing hubs.

7. broalexdotinfo profile image57
    broalexdotinfoposted 15 years ago

I follow the link given above, and I only get "Blog is inactive". If he entirely copies the content of any hubs here on Hubpages then he`s not doing the right thing, but linking back to them is a great thing for all the hubbers, as long as that blog has any traffic at all. smile

8. Hoodala profile image53
    Hoodalaposted 15 years ago

I should probably let this go, but Eric I would respectfully suggest you look up the term "splog" and "copyright".  Using an rss feed in some cases is legitimate, but in this case it was not legitimate.

Frankly it wasn't very kind to be so condescending to someone just because you think they may be inexperienced.  Especially when you are the one who was wrong.  I am sure you won't bother to do any research on the subject and will just continue to think you were right and justified, since you are an Internet marketing expert after all.

Hoodala

Thanks Hoodala for your respect, and for your very entertaining post.

Methinks that you did not actually SEE the site in question.
      If you did, please educate us as to why my comments are wrong, and tell us just HOW it contravened copyright and RSS provisions.

And "Internet marketing expert?"  Me? lol lol lol

Anyway, have a nice day.

And after your little lecture on copyright,  do you have all the appropriate documentation and permissions to use the photos of the unknown ladies that you use in your hubs? Extracts from one of them appears below.

Source: http://hubpages.com/hub/south-indian-actress

Now hoodala, Have I breached your copyright by posting this?
      I'd really appreciate your expert advice.

And regarding
      she is exceptionally gorgeous but she could be a serious barker and be centerfold material with boobs like those
      And you reckon I'm condescending lol

Edit: Why has the above hub now been unpublished Hoodala?

9. Shirley Anderson profile image71
    Shirley Andersonposted 15 years ago

The author has deleted the blog.

10. Isabella Snow profile image83
    Isabella Snowposted 15 years ago

I did not see this blog before it was taken down, so I don't know how much you copied and pasted. If you really just posted few lines with a picture and then linked it to the original hub,  thank you.

If you are copying and pasting a full article, or close to it, on your blog -- I'm not cool with that, cos there is no reason for someone to click a link back to my original if they've already read all of it on *your* blog.

Check stats some of your Hubs on women of 40-50-60. You will get the answer. If I had to copy and paste, I would have done it on blogger with ads and not on wordpress without Ads.

2. Eric Graudins profile image60

That's exactly what he did. And the pictures were hotlinked to the original picture on the hubs.

Sir: Thank you you for your understanding...And I did not delete my hard-worked Blog on wordpress. People at Wordpress deleted it because 90% of the Posts were redirecting traffic towards HP. All my handwork got wasted. Now I am going to develop my own site on Wordpress Platform and make sure that non of my hardwork gets wasted.

Best Regards!

11. Isabella Snow profile image83
    Isabella Snowposted 15 years ago

Stats don't tell me how much you copied and pasted to your blog. But, like I said, if you only pasted a small amount of text, then I surely don't have a problem with that.

At least you get to know how many visits you got. Most imp.. If I had to post the complete article, I would have used Blogger with Ads on it and not on Wordpress without Ads. Does that makes any sense ?

12. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

I took a look at the blog yesterday, and I agree to Eric. smile

Did not see anything criminal - and yes Isa, there were a just a few lines with links back, at least for a couple of hubpages related posts I checked.

Oh, and Eric, welcome to condescending vaginas club big_smile

Sir: Thank you for the understanding.

13. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 15 years ago

I'm not sure why...but I'll stick my nose in this quagmire...Links or not, Rss, or not...if it's not your hub or article I think it would be common courtesy to let the author know what you were planning to do... If it's not shady business then why not contact the author? Why, if it's legit sneak around... and then end up calling it hard work... if it's so much work I would think an extra 25 word e-mail wouldn't kill your time-budget

In the nine or so months I've been here on hubpages I can't remember how many times the question of stolen work has come into the forum to be discussed and argued about... It always comes down to someones scrupples, to their self-pride. If it's not yours keep your mitts off...SYNDICATED or not, get permission first...

Honestly if I were to contact Isabella Snow and ask if I could link with a paragraph or two of her hubs do you think she wouldn't allow it? She'd be happy to. But If I were to muck about with them on the sneak, I'd watch out for the rear-end as there wouldn't be much left of it...and rightly so... (Isabella, my friend, sorry to use you as an example but I know you have the right temper to defend your "babies" that are your hubs & articles)

As far as I  know Hubpages on the main is a writing site where informative articles-hubs are shared (in line with recent arguments picture galleries too) BUT not a place where one hubber rips off another hubbers work... 

this is in with todays inflation my 3.5 cents worth Zsuzsy

I posted links to several of HUBS...Hot..Best...Latest. It is not possible to contact everyone and ask for permission. As far as Isbella's Hubs on Women of 40-50--60- or 70 or Jeans for Big Booties are concerned OR Women is swimsuit...Hot Women...Sexy Women..., I can write Hubs Better than those....But I don't have that much time..I do everything in the time that I get after my regular Job..I don't think I have done any crime...Do we ask for permission when we link other blogs using RSS...Do we ask for permission when we use other's pictures..... ???

1. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
        Zsuzsy Beeposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I didn't have to write anything... Why not use your own work? If it's so much work to do what you do then why not work your own words into hubs...? Again if it's not yours do the right thing and ask to use others work... still just my opinion

2. Eric Graudins profile image60

It's not necessary to ask for permission to use an RSS link. That's the purpose of them.
        By publishing an RSS feed, you are giving permission for others to syndicate what is in that feed with a link back to your site. While a formal request is nice, it's not required.

Using other people's pictures is a different matter entirely. If you think it's OK to use an image just because it's on the net, or on google images, you are dead wrong.

@Misha
        What the hell is the condescending vagina club yikes. I'm not sure I want to be a member lol
        And I agree that it would be sensible for guidebaba to stop right there. He's digging himself quite a hole. However, I think Relache certainly is entitled to reply to that unusual statement !

@ Everyone.
        If you are aware of content stolen or copied from other sites and put onto hub pages, the proper course of action is to report the offending hub to Hub Pages admin.

That's pretty much what I've been doing in between commenting here.  A wide variety of poor hub-creating practices have been identified and reported.

2. guidebaba profile image58

OK. I will take care of the permission in future. In fact, I am no more going to link any hub except mine. At least it will avoid this kind of Discussion.

As far as I understand, 100% of the Hubbers are using Pictures from Internet that include..Flickr, Photobucket, Yahoo, Google etc..etc... Are they all stealing?

I either use images I have created, or purchased from photo libraries like istockphoto.
            So your stupid (or naive) statement that "100% of hubbers are using pictures from the internet" is bulldust.

No, not everyone who uses photos from the internet is stealing.
            Some photos from the places you mention are allowed to be used. Others are not.
            You need to find out the terms for each photo.

There's other hubs that tell you the right way to find photos you can use.
            Have a look for them.

@ misha:
            Err - If you and Mr. Knowles are the only other members, that makes me even MORE suspicious! yikes

3. Misha profile image63
          Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It's an elite club on Hubpages. So far only Mark and myself were members. big_smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
            Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I am thinking Eric is definitely membership quality though smile

http://hubpages.com/hub/Misha-and-Mark- … ng-Vaginas

1. Stacie Naczelnik profile image68
              Stacie Naczelnikposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Actually, vaginas can be beautiful things, whether they are condescending or not.

Perhaps you could quite fittingly be in the Small & Smells Like Fish Penises (or Penes, if you prefer) Club.

1. Misha profile image63

OK, using all my English skills I was not able to figure out if Stacie is kidding or just having one of those days, so I leave this to more skilled club members big_smile

One of what days exactly?

Misha, your English skills are generally quite fine.  I'm partially kidding.  But I am not really liking your use of the term vagina...are you kind of making them out to be bad things?  Vagina is a harmless word, until you use it in a derogatory way.

2. profile image0
                terrygposted 15 years agoin reply to this

So the gay male community has it all wrong then?

1. Misha profile image63

Do they deny this? Never heard of it. big_smile

2. Lissie profile image74
              Lissieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

ITS GONE  where's it gone? Who reported it and why :-(

3. Isabella Snow profile image83
        Isabella Snowposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I told you I was ok with what you did - you should have stopped while you were ahead, or chosen someone else to insult. I've yet to see you write a grammatically correct sentence. Perhaps you can write better than me in your own language -- but not in English, you can't.

My hubs are not intended to be life-changing works of literature. They're meant to be entertaining. If you want to read something more complex, drop by AskMen and read one of my sex columns.

I've no doubt you could benefit from reading ALL of them.

14. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Hey, guidebaba, I think you better stop right here.

OK

15. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

No. There are ways of using pics without stealing. I personally buy pics for my hubs, but there are other ways. Search the forums, there are plenty of threads on this.

16. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL Stacie, it is not my use, it was a real hub called "Misha and Mark Knowles are condescending vaginas". One of the spammers vented his frustration in such a way.

On a side note, being a man biologically, I definitely agree that generally vagina is a nice thing smile

Yeah, I saw that hub a long time ago. But when Mark linked to it today, it was down.

Okay, not your use, so I guess you don't have to be in the Smelly Fish Penis Club.

big_smile

Mine smells just fine smile

But - Apparently, neither Misha or I have anything derogatory to say about vagines. big_smile

And I am quite happy to be compared to one.

I even joined his fanclub, which is how I still have the link. And I don't join many fanclubs any more lol

17. DJ Funktual profile image77
    DJ Funktualposted 15 years ago

Vaginas?  where we be without them?   

can I tell you Stacie.. G-ma reads all my poems and I was deathly afraid of what she'd say about the cunnilingus poem.

Cunnilingus - the Irish Airline? big_smile

18. Eric Graudins profile image60

I never cease to be amazed at the off topic subjects that come up when those masters of misdirection, Misha and Mr. Knowles, get  involved in a discussion lol

(Some may say that I'm not bad at this myself, but that's another story! )

19. profile image0
    dabblingmumposted 15 years ago

Someone was asking why the person would take snippets from other hubs and make a complete blog out of those snippets.

I believe this is the reason: referral money

According to Hubpages:
    Use Referral Trackers to generate impressions and monitor referrals.
    HubPages is all about interacting with the Internet community, and there's no better way to spread the HubLove then through links to HubPages. Every time you place a link to someone's HubPage in an email, forum, post or website, you'll receive a share of the impressions the Hub generates.

Personally, I find those type of blogs to be really sleezy. Amongst my SEO friends, that's called scrapper sites. They are only designed to make money, not offer anything of real value. Some people use scrapper sites for Adsense money, some use it for affiliate money, others use it for referral money. It's all the same. A complete waste of time.

20. patnamohan profile image56
    patnamohanposted 15 years ago

Yes , It is really wrong!!!!! you take learning but not copy......

21. agrovertic profile image40
    agroverticposted 15 years ago

This is not to offended you, My suggestion to Hubalicious,i think you need to read the agreement from affiliate or adsense, with this agreement tells everything on what you have in mind.

22. adrienne2 profile image67
    adrienne2posted 15 years ago

That same person is doing the same thing on another site I just happen to come across his so called work the other day.

But I have another question: hubs with only sexy pictures of women and no text are we calling these hubs???

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)