jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)

SOS! Where do you get inspiration for writing?

1. seohowto profile image60
    seohowtoposted 8 years ago

This questions was asked probably by someone before and I am wondering if you know any inspirational phrases that I can type and put on my wall:smile) What is your best way to get inspired and create a great hub?

1. 0
      terrygposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I actually wrote a website around inspirational posters but it was aimed at building self esteem in teenagers. I called it My Inspirational Poster. Works quite well and is still well received.

Get a magazine, scissors, glue and a poster. Cut out the headlines that you are attracted to, a few photographs and build your poster.

Each time you look at it you will be inspired, basically it is all around affirmations.

2. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I just live my life.  I read books, go to movies, attend cultural events, putter around in my garden, eat good food, do my laundry, etc.  Certain things strike me as "hey, I should make a Hub about that..." and then I'm usually off and writing from there.

seohowtoposted 8 years ago in reply to this

sounds right! I've just decided that my next hub will about benefits of coconut oil!

1. Earl S. Wynn profile image85
          Earl S. Wynnposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yay for the lightning strike of inspiration!

Might be a little late, but when I need inspiration for a great hub I just sit back and do whatever comes to mind that's fun, and then figure out if I can write a hub around or about it. That's probably why most of my hubs have sort of a Sci-Fi slant to them, haha.

2. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Pay somebody to write for you tongue

3. seohowto profile image60
    seohowtoposted 8 years ago

Yeah, I even know who I would love to hire here, but something tells me that this person is not interested:) Thanks anyway:)

4. rmr profile image89
    rmrposted 8 years ago

I don't usually seek inspiration. If I do, it quickly becomes incredibly elusive. Ideas just occasionally pop into my head when I am least prepared to receive them (like when I'm just dropping off to sleep). Then I have to struggle to keep them there, until I can get to the computer.

5. balisunset profile image61
    balisunsetposted 8 years ago

just go to forums.digitalpoint.com

there are plenty of desperate ppl who will write your article for 1 cent/word

seohowtoposted 8 years ago in reply to this

wonderful advice - do you really think that they can write a great hub? Most of them barely speak English...

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
        Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

What SEO said. 1 cent a word? I be am think not such good ideas......

6. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

7. Ana Louis profile image83
    Ana Louisposted 8 years ago

An inspiration is something that moves you emotionally or mentally, and I find that life is full of inspriation.  I examine my own life and try to determine if I know something or experienced something that might help another person in some way.  I write down all the things that interest me and want to know more about.  Sometimes writing can be as much about you learning something as it is sharing that information with others.   People watching is another avenue to find inspiration...I love this activity, and will often jot down some of my observations for later use.  Another source of inspiration is the news (TV and paper), magazines, music, nature, and the list goes on and on.

I hope some of this will "inspire" you.

As you can see I don't have a problem being inspired...I have pages and pages of hand written material to prove it.  My problem is having the time to sit down and complete all of the works in progress.

8. Pete Michner profile image87
    Pete Michnerposted 8 years ago

I didn't make the following; I found it on some forum and it looks like the credit goes to a C.F. Jackson:

I Am HABIT

I am your constant companion.

I am your greatest helper or your heaviest burden.

I will push you onward or drag you down to failure.

I am completely at your command.

Half the things you do, you might just as well turn
    over to me, and I will be able to do them quickly and

I am easily managed; you must merely be firm with

Show me exactly how you want something done, and
    after a few lessons I will do it automatically.

I am the servant of all great men.
    And, alas, of all failures as well.

Those who are great, I have made great.

I am not a machine, though I work with all the precision
    of a machine.

Plus, the intelligence of man.

You may run me for profit, or run me for ruin; it makes
    no difference to me.

Take me, train me, be firm with me and I will put the
    world at your feet.

Be easy with me, and I will destroy you.
    Who am I?

I am  HABIT.

9. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

LOL. Just LOL. The majority of my hubs are written by ghost writers for 1 cent a word or less. More, half of them are spun. big_smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

But are they great hubs? big_smile

Or do they just attract traffic which clicks an ad and disappears never to return ?

Which could also be considered great - depending on your perspective lol

By the way - since I stopped writing, I am using your suggested traffic techniques and my traffic has gone up 60% over the last 3 months smile

How far off 300K views are you?