jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (20 posts)

1. Brie Hoffman profile image81
    Brie Hoffmanposted 5 years ago

Does anyone pay a company to get SEO for their hubpages?  If so, is it worth it and which one do you use?

1. cpvr profile image60
      cpvrposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don''t pay anyone for SEO. I do it alone - I write my own content, get links, and help out others when I can = usually more backlinks for me.

2. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 5 years ago

I think most SEO experts are a waste of money - and often dangerous. Lots of pretenders. If I had to pick one, probably Jill Whalen. I've followed her in forums for years and have been to a couple of her seminars.

3. paradigmsearch profile image91
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Books. Library. Free. smile

4. Peter Hoggan profile image85
    Peter Hogganposted 5 years ago

It’s unlikely that an SEO company would agree to SEO your HubPages. The site is not under you ownership and that in itself causes quite a few problems. It’s more likely that a SEO company would use HubPages and other web 2.0 properties to help optimize a site you personally owned and controled.

1. Brie Hoffman profile image81
      Brie Hoffmanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

ok, thanks

5. 0
    TopUniverseposted 5 years ago

No, it cost more and empty my pockets. My goal is to get regular payouts with my own efforts.

6. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

Most of the good SEO companies charge more than it is worth for home publishers, you would get much more from either researching things yourself, or looking for a local (highly rated) SEO tutor or class.

1. Mikeydoes profile image79
      Mikeydoesposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I can't say there is one thing wrong with this statement. You can learn everything they do and earn more by doing it yourself.

2. rattano profile image61
      rattanoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Great idea...........

7. jenniryan profile image59
    jenniryanposted 5 years ago

just be careful. There are many SEO experts contacting site owners and promising them the world and bleeding them dry of thousands of dollars and results - Zero.

1. Peter Hoggan profile image85
      Peter Hogganposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Anyone who contacts you out of the blue promising you the world is hardly likely to be an SEO expert. If they were, there would be no need to contact you in the first place!

These cold callers are simply con men and spammers rather than, as you describe them, SEO experts.

8. kevrock529 profile image61
    kevrock529posted 5 years ago

In my belief, everyone knows their industry and niche better than any SEO company. SEO is very time consuming, but easily learnable and can make a huge difference in your online presence. Would you really want to outsource articles about your market (that you know the most about)? Remember, anything an SEO company does for you is irreversable.

It is extremely hard for me to trust an SEO company to not get my website blacklisted. I have continually researched and done all our company's SEO myself.

1. cpvr profile image60
      cpvrposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Exactly. How can you expect a company to do your SEO work - when they're not as knowledgable of your niche as you are?

And plus, sometimes you pay for work, and its not what you've expected. It's better off learning SEO, and doing it on your own.

9. Pcunix profile image90
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

I did approach several a few years back. I have a hub that goes into detail about the value of SEO firms, but the overview is this:

Some of them were idiots.  I mean that they made horrible suggestions like using invisible text and other long ago antics.

Some were simply mildly incompetent. One insisted that my left side bar was being seen first by Google and was "confusing" them (his words).  I pointed out that the sidebar position was done with CSS and actually would be the LAST thing their spider read; he had no idea what CSS was.

Another didn't know what an xml sitemap is and had never heard of Google Webmaster tools.

Many of them insisted that they could help me rank "better" for keywords that I already have top SERP for - obviously they never even tried typing those words into Google!

Another bragged to me that he could get me into  the top few hundred thousand positions in  Alexa. As my site typically floats around position 40,000 or less, he obviously never checked.  I asked him if he really thought it would be valuable to me to be LESS well ranked there!

It wasn't all bad. Some were intelligent, but none of them really had anything of value to offer. If you are going to turn all this over to someone else, a few of them might have been good choices, but there are so many bozos I would be very wary.

10. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

I get paid a fair amount for my SEO services, and I definitely agree that you should avoid the cold callers who offer SEO services. 

If you own a company and are willing to spend several grand you can get some great people to improve your websites SEO, but you do have to choose carefully.

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The people I talked to were not cold callers. They were people I found through Google search. I paid several of them small initial consultation fees ranging from $50 to $100 or so.

As I said, they were not all bad. Far too many were, though.

As I had no intention of hiring anyone (It was all just research for an article), I didn't care, but it did surprise me how horrible so many were.

11. ImChemist profile image61
    ImChemistposted 5 years ago

I don't pay for any one , i make seo for my hubs with my self.

12. thedigger profile image61
    thediggerposted 4 years ago

I don't advice to go for the SEO on the assets of others. Hubpages is not your or my company. So spending money on this is really useless. We should have few basic knowledge of onpage seo and its enough to get rank. Sometimes you can do social bookmarking and article submission yourself for your hubpages.

13. NeilsHotDeals profile image79
    NeilsHotDealsposted 4 years ago

Simply if you want to learn about SEO for your HubPages and you have Google Analytics installed you can look at the Keyword Report and referring traffic to see.  A HubPage is like a website but you do not own it.