jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (18 posts)

3 Suggestions & features maybe add an extra value to HP.

1. Taleb80 profile image81
    Taleb80posted 6 years ago

1- Showing how many Hubbers do you follow.
    2- Adding Bookmark for Question some times there are a great answer you like to save.
    3- Possibility to classify the Hubbers I follow to groups I add like for my hubs. It is like a description (filter) for me about my favorite Hubbers.

2. SunSeven profile image63
    SunSevenposted 6 years ago

Mostly FaceBookish!

3. itech profile image58
    itechposted 6 years ago

Showing 'how many hubbers u follow' is great but should have an option whether to 'show it publicly' or 'show only to u'.

Taleb80posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I mean showing for me, only.

1. relache profile image86
        relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This already exists.  It's a link reading "Hubbers You Follow" on your stats page.

There you have to count yourself, but no number is coming.
          For examle: Do you find anywhere, How many Hubber do you follow as a number?
          Thanks

1. simeonvisser profile image89
            simeonvisserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I would like this feature as well.

I would like your third proposed feature too - the ability to group Hubbers that you are following or to put them into lists, like on Twitter. That way I could see all activity from that group of Hubbers, not all the Hubbers that I am following.

2. relache profile image86
            relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I follow less than two dozen people, so counting is not an issue.

I think too many people on this site think having followers is actually giving them some sort of boost (it's not) or they think it's a competition (it's not that either).  I only follow people where I like EVERYTHING they write.

EVERYTHING??
              It is so nice to find two dozen people like this.
              You are lucky.

4. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

Why is this so important? I just don't get all this follower stuff and needing the ability to group them. (I think I follow fewer people than Relache.)

Are you here to write? Socialize? Why not just hang out on FB?

1. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

smile

2. Taleb80 profile image81

Actually, I am here to read & write.
      For example:  when I like to read a finance Hub I can go easily to my own finance Group and find the last on finance of my favourite Hubbers.

5. profile image0

Actually the more I think of all this following business, it's starting to creep me out again. I truly wish I could be put on a Do Not Follow List. To think that there are hubbers all over the world who want to put me on lists, categorize me. And the longer it goes on, the more people want more little boxes to put me in.

I'm here to write hubs and make money - come to the forums a little to socialize. Not have a bunch of people putting me on lists.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There are a few benefits though Nelle? Any one of those followers could be your next Facebook share, or your next DoFollow backlink, possibly even your next paying customer? If they are American, at least, they may be just as interested in a Superduper One Second Coffee Machine With Gold Plated Widgets as the rest? I agree with your sentiments though, in that the less that Hubpages becomes a social network the better.

2. Taleb80 profile image81

If anyone get a meesage form someone he loves, he put this letter in a box to save it (he doesn't put it anywhere) as it is so important for him.
      I care about so many Hubbers.

6. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

Completely Off-topic:

I prefer 'RSS feeds for Hub groups' feature, because it's pain to add every single hub from the group and if you have more than 30 hubs to sort out from group to display only 5 based on hubrank then things are too hard to do manually.

7. profile image0

Ryan, I just never think of HP traffic as my bread and butter.

1. profile image0
      ryankettposted 6 years ago in reply to this

And your right, of course. I would have no problems whatsoever with an option which allowed people to 'opt-out' of the system, just like you can opt-out of accolades. I probably wouldn't opt-out of the followers thing, but I will at some stage be opting out of accolades.

working