jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

new to hub

1. 62
    dannettebrooksposted 5 years ago

I'm totally green when it comes to posting anything on hub.  I was interested in posting short and funny articles about best friend relationships.  Is that something that is o.k. on Hub?  I wanted to know if I could get some 1,2,3 kind of advice as to how to get started.  I'm a quick study and have already written a lot of the content I would like to have on my Hub.

1. kschang profile image90
      kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Just some suggestions right off top of my head:

1) Make sure it's original, and not even previously appeared in your blogs. The anti-plagiarism engine hates dupes.

2) Make sure it's more than a thought. I personally think a good hub needs about 5-6 capsules each with several paragraphs. I've seen some really lousy and short hubs that really belongs on a blog, not a hub.

3) Write about topics that will stand out even a year from now. Do NOT do "news". Those are obsolete the day they're written. ANALYSIS of news may work, but stay with "evergreen" topics. "How to" articles are perpetual favorites.

2. J Sunhawk profile image81
      J Sunhawkposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely. Think of Hub Pages as a magazine and write appropriate articles in length and interest to readers. Your articles should be a minimum of 500 words. More is better.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

Welcome. You can basically write on any topic you like, however articles should have some substance with a recommended length of 500 words or more. HubPages is not a blog, more like stand-alone articles. You can link your related hubs together in different ways. Please check out these resources:

3. Megavitamin profile image87
    Megavitaminposted 5 years ago

Welcome to hubpages! 

Definitely check out the links that Website Examiner posted for you.  Also, take some time to review other people's hubs (specifically hubbers with high scores) to get some ideas of how to set your hubs up.  Make the hub visually pleasing by breaking up text with photos and videos, especially if your hubs are long-winded (I don't judge, most of mine are stupidly long).

Good luck!

4. KristenGrace profile image59
    KristenGraceposted 5 years ago

Looks like you've gotten some great advice - Best of luck here at HP!! smile