jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Is it ok to use the Ebay capsule, or is HP still having issues?

1. R Shelton profile image79
    R Sheltonposted 5 years ago

I have an eBay affiliate ID through my personal websites, but have resisted placing it on hubpages due to all the conflicting issues with eBay.

So, is it okay to use the eBay capsule on hubpages or should I wait until there is an affirmative, definite answer? I contacted eBay and all they say is that you need to have eBay coding on a website YOU OWN. I don't actually own the whole of hubpages.com, although hubpages.com shows as a confirmed site. If so, would the hubpages with the eBay capsules be in violation of eBay rules? Very confusing.

Anyway, any info would be helpful. Thanks!

1. I am DB Cooper profile image66
      I am DB Cooperposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As far as I know this is still being discussed between Hubpages and eBay. It seems that contacting EPN directly gets few answers, possibly because the people answering those types of questions aren't quite aware of what's going on here. I would imagine that no matter what the outcome, eBay is not going to start banning people for posting capsules on their Hubs. I could see eBay forcing Hubpages to remove the affiliate IDs on those capsules or change them all to Hubpages' affiliate ID, as they (sort of) did with Squidoo.

1. saleheensblog profile image59
        saleheensblogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

2. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you already have an eBay Partner Network account you should be able to use it on HubPages.  Just enter the code on your affiliate settings and activate the hubpages domain.

If you do not have an EPN account, you need to apply for one for on your own site.  You won't be able to get one based only on your HubPages presence.

2. R Shelton profile image79
    R Sheltonposted 5 years ago

Thanks - I do have an EPN account, just wasn't sure if it was ok since the message from eBay is ambiguous at best.