jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)

Common tags

1. saleheensblog profile image60
    saleheensblogposted 6 years ago

Suppose I have 10 hubs in a same niche. I have 30 tags for each hub where 25 tags are common for all. Is it a good idea? Will I compete with myself in one point of time? What do you do in this case?

Suppose the hubs are:
    1. Buy a pink cow
    2. Buy a black cow
    3. Buy a green cow
    4. Buy a blue cow
    And the common keywords are buy a cow, buy cow online, cow review, cow for sale, cheap cow, cow online etc.

What to do now? How do you approach in this situation?

1. Susana S profile image91
      Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's fine to use the same tags across your related hubs and it's also beneficial in my opinion. I believe it helps the search engines identify you as an authority on a subject if all (or most) of the links on a particular tag page go to your hubs.

Also, using your example, if you use a broader tag across those hubs such as cows or animals, you might find that your hubs, as well as your profile, get a high PR internal link. E.g. the tag page for animals is PR3 and there are links to the profiles of hubbers who use that tag the most. http://hubpages.com/tag/animals/hot

saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the tips, I understand now. I am laughing because you seriously thought I was going to sell some cows online. Those were just example but I clearly have understood the tips you have given. lol

I didn't seriously think that, LOL big_smile The cow niche is already saturated tongue

saleheensblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

wink

2. iamalegend profile image72
        iamalegendposted 6 years ago in reply to this

this is very useful

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image81
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

Just add whatever tags you think are related to your hubs. Doesn't matter of they overlap.

3. daravuthz profile image76
    daravuthzposted 6 years ago

Some good ideas here. Thanks smile

4. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

I have repeatedly run across posts and other info that says:

“Search engines ignore tags.”

Can anyone post documentation that will confirm or refute this statement?

It would be nice to finally quit having to wonder about this.smile

The confusion between tags and meta keyword tags arises because they are both related to keywords, but they are completely different things.

Search engines, except yahoo, ignore the meta keywords tag (which you might put into the head section of your website or blog html). They used to use it a lot in the old days to determine what a website was about, but not any longer.

The keywords meta tag is not the same as the tags used on hubpages, which are essentially an internal organisation system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta_element

5. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

Absolutely excellent!smile

Imho, the above link is a must-read for anyone who is interested in such things.smile

6. Susana S profile image91
    Susana Sposted 6 years ago

Glad to be of service smile

7. Michael Durden profile image76
    Michael Durdenposted 6 years ago

Is there any way to add meta keywords to hubs?

Nope. We have very limited ability to edit the html of our hubpages. Plus the meta keywords tag is not important nowadays, so even if you could it wouldn't be worth it. Using your tags well will help the search engines know what your pages are about, as well as all the other on and off page stuff of course.

1. Michael Durden profile image76
        Michael Durdenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Doesn't Yahoo still look at meta tags?

Yes, yahoo uses the meta keywords tag to some degree. Don't know how much weight they give it though - probably not a great deal. The meta title and meta description are more important to search engines, (though each one will probably weight them differently), and hubpages uses both of those.

working