jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Any one getting good no of daily organic visits from yahoo?

1. 0
    TopUniverseposted 5 years ago

I am daily getting some traffic from google search engine but it is not that in the case of yahoo.

Have any one have success in getting regular daily traffic from yahoo?

2. Hestia DeVoto profile image60
    Hestia DeVotoposted 5 years ago

I don't know what you consider a "good number" but I get daily visits from Yahoo to my hubs.  It's not much, but then again, I'm pretty new here.  I expect it will increase with time and as I make more hubs.

3. CMHypno profile image90
    CMHypnoposted 5 years ago

I get daily traffic from yahoo, but by far and away the biggest proportion of my traffic comes from Google

4. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

I get a very small amount of traffic from Yahoo and Bing, the niches you target can affect the traffic from the search engines.  Different kinds of people use different search engines.

1. 0
      TopUniverseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This is interesting. Any idea about what kind of niches or what kind of sites attract huge yahoo visitors?

1. Randy Godwin profile image94
        Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

HubPages is favored by Google.  Yahoo recently bought AC and I noticed the drop in Yahoo visits almost immediately.  Not that Yahoo ever approached Google in visits, but they would rather promote their own sites instead of sending them here.

2. thisisoli profile image72
        thisisoliposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Just think who is going to be using what search engine. Yahoo has a loyal fan base from when it was wide spread, Microsoft's market is has changed slightly with bing, it still for the most part gets traffic from people who just use the pre-installed program, but they have made advances (ie. the mobile market).

5. KristenGrace profile image60
    KristenGraceposted 5 years ago

Yes, google is the most for me as well.

Yahoo provides, give or take, 10 visits per day, approximately less than 1% of my daily traffic overall.