jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Magazine-Style WP themes

1. Bill Manning profile image71
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

I just got a new Magazine-Style theme for my latest wordpress site and love it! big_smile

That style seems to look so much better and also makes your homepage look more like a "normal" website homepage.

I'm thinking of going back and making all my sites into that type of theme. You can put so much more on the front page without it looking cluttered.

Anyone else a big fan of Magazine-Style wordpress themes? Does it have any drawbacks or not fit a type of site?

2. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I would like to take a look, is there a link on your profile?

Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

HI, how are you doing? Yes I just made a link in my profile. It's my new electronics site, New Electronics Guide. I think that layout is so much better than normal blog layouts. smile

1. camlo profile image83
        camloposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It looks really good, Bill. Makes a very professional impression.

Thanks, that is what I was going for since it's an electronics site. smile

3. rebekahELLE profile image91

thanks, I'll check it out. I always like to check out different layouts that hubbers like.

I'm doing great, and you? finally, we're warming up here in FL. smile

It's actually been pretty cold today but I guess tomorrow will be warmer. With a Magazine-Style theme you can put both categories as well as pages in two or more vertical list.

You also can make each post as big or as small as you want on the front page. It really makes it look cleaner and fits more info onto your home page.

You can switch what categories or pages your featuring anytime on the front page also. I love it! smile

4. Don Simkovich profile image61
    Don Simkovichposted 6 years ago

Glad to hear about it. Do you also use DIY Themes?

Hi, I don't even know what that is, care to explain more what DIY means? hmm

5. rebekahELLE profile image91

very nice looking site! I like the style, it looks more professional than the typical blog style. I like the color also.

it was in the low 60's over here, now that the sun went down, it feels chilly.

Thanks. That theme comes with instant 5 different color options. It's part of the Genesis framework, a paid theme.

With Genesis you can configure your theme in many ways with one, two or three sidebars. I am so glad Skyfire and Sunforged mentioned the site to me. smile

6. thisisoli profile image60
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I'm a pretty big fan of magazine style themes.

working