jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Amazon Associates- Simple Questions

1. DNemesis profile image61
    DNemesisposted 5 years ago

Hello, gang...
    Hope you're having a good weekend. I apologize if this has been asked, as i couldn't find the exact answer among many existing threads.

So, I already have an Amazon Associates ID, which i created while using Infobarrel a long time ago.

1. I assume it's ok to use that same tracking ID here at HP?

2. If i go into my Amazon account, i see something called "Edit your website information". Do i enter my profile page there, or is it even necessary to do that? In my case: http://hubpages.com/profile/DNemesis

3. Am I missing anything else after this? (regarding Amazon Associates)

1. Nell Rose profile image91
      Nell Roseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hi, I am not sure, but if you go to your account at the top of the page here, when you click on affiliates take a look and see what it says, I think you probably have to use another one, just e-mail amazon and ask, sorry I am not much help!

2. lrohner profile image86
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

1. Yes. Use the same ID. You can set up a separate tracker in Amazon to differentiate Infobarrel revenue from HP if you want, but it's all under the same account.

2. Nope. There's nothing you need to do at Amazon. Just go to the top of the page here and click on My Account > Affiliate Settings and enter your Amazon ID (or tracker) there and you're good to go.

3. Use Amazon capsules in your hubs to add Amazon products. You can add specific products or products by keyword.

Hope this helps!

1. tritrain profile image77
      tritrainposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's what I do. 

It makes it much easier, as you spread yourself out across many sites, using your amazon code.

3. DNemesis profile image61
    DNemesisposted 5 years ago

Thanks guys----this makes me feel at ease.
    You're the very best wink