jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Dofollow links - are "join hubpages now" trackers going to work?

1. Suzanne Day profile image95
    Suzanne Dayposted 6 years ago

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding dofollow links. I have a hub which has some links on it throughout the text. At the bottom of my hub, I've written a spiel and put links to "take the hubpages tour" and "join hubpages now". I understand that only 2 links per hub are dofollow - so just wondering if my tracker work on the tour and join links if I already have more than 2 links above them in my hub?

Suzanne Dayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

PS -please excuse some funny English of mine caused by editing the paragraph above ; )

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 6 years ago

Let's start from the beginning.

If your hub has a score above 40 or 45 (can't remember which) AND your author score is above 70 or 75 (again -- can't remember which), then ALL links on your hub are DoFollow. If your scores drop, then ALL links on the hub are NoFollow.

You are allowed as many outgoing links as you want on your hubs, but only two are allowed to a particular domain. So, you can have two links to your blog, two links to your friend's blog, etc.

That limitation is only for links going to websites/blogs outside of HubPages. You can have as many links as you want to pages within the HubPages domain. Those are called "internal links."

Suzanne Dayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Irohner, you've cleared it up for me! I have obviously become confused with the information overload as a beginning hubber - thankyou for taking the time to set me right. Cheers ; )

3. thisisoli profile image62
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

make sure you use the 'link to us' button at the bottom to get your referral link, that way you get credit for your referrals.

working