jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Help Please! No clicks at all

1. Bianu profile image61
    Bianuposted 5 years ago

I am surely doing something wrong. I have been at HB for 7 weeks with 22 Hubs. I have made the grand sum of $0.47 through Adsense. Please help me. Is there something wrong with my hubs? A click repelling term or tone in my writing perhaps?
    Please help

1. thisisoli profile image72
      thisisoliposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Nothing is wrong at all.

You cannot expect to walk on to the internet, write 22 articles and earn a large amount of money, you need to put some effort in to it.

Remember that you are competing for traffic with people who have spent years, even decades of effort. This is not impossible, you can get traffic, but it takes time and effort, you need to learn about SEO, and you need to write a LOT of content.

1. Bianu profile image61
        Bianuposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I understand this. What exactly is a lot of content, 100 hubs? I need to know if my hubs are all wrong or if this is normal

1. thisisoli profile image72
          thisisoliposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's normal, you need to build up a network of hubs and websites to see real income.  There is no magic nuber, but generally it takes around 6 to 9 months of writing before you will start to have enough content and enough know-how to get things moving.

This can be done a lot faster, but you will need to put in a lot of effort.

2. kephrira profile image61
          kephriraposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's not just how many hubs you have, it's how many links are pointing to each hub as well, and therefore the amount of traffic they get.

But take heart - even the hubs you already have will probably get more traffic and make more money as they age. That does often happen.

2. bogerk profile image86
      bogerkposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I am still fairly new to HubPages, but I think most will tell you that $0.47 over 7 weeks isn't actually all that bad.

In terms of gaining traffic, keywords seem to be the "key" to gaining visitors from search engines like Google and Yahoo! which are the types of visitors more likely to click on ads.

A lot of people reference the Keyword Academy on the forums as a good source for information on finding and implementing effective and lucrative into your Hubs. I plan to give it a look whenever I get a little more free time on my hands.

Maybe your answer is there? Good luck!

2. Richieb799 profile image68
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

Yeah it took me around 8 months to reach pay out lol

3. Aiden Roberts profile image88
    Aiden Robertsposted 5 years ago

Your hubs look fine, good layout and plenty of useful information.

Hang in there and keep writing, I believe the saying goes:

"Build it and they will come"

Welcome to Hubpages.

4. lender3212000 profile image85
    lender3212000posted 5 years ago

The key is to keep at it, it takes quite a bit of time and effort to see any significant earnings. It can be helpful to write articles on similar subjects so you can naturally link them together. This will help keep readers on your content longer, giving you a better chance of getting an add click.