jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

HubCamp New York City 2011- Follow Up

1. dohn121 profile image88
    dohn121posted 5 years ago

First and foremost, I'd like to thank Paul Edmondson, Robin Edmondson and Simone Smith for being such amazing and gracious hosts at HubCamp NYC.  I'm sure that they would agree that it was a huge success, not to mention fun and rewarding. 

Among other things, they've succeeded in re-discovering and reinvigorating the "Hubber" in me while being completely supportive of my and other Hubbers' goal as ACTIVE members of our rich and dynamic on-line community.  Meeting them on-line is one thing, but actually meeting them in person was an overwhelmingly positive experience and wholly inspirational!

Curious to know what we covered?  Some of the topics that we discussed and touch upon were:

-Search Engine Optimization, such as using the Google Keyword Tool

-Improving traffic and readership within the HubPages community and abroad

-Learning the Tools and Tips that make the Best Hubs which subsequently include taking full advantage of the features the HubPages team worked so feverishly to make available to us

So if you haven't yet, I strongly urge you to attend HubCamp as it was a fun and rewarding experience, as I met so many amazing people I would not have otherwise met in person anywhere else.

For those of you who do know me, you know fully well that I haven't not been active HubPages in the past 6 months or so yet was no less eager to get back to the place I call home.

I'd like to also send out a personal thanks to Wavegirl22, Amy Jane, Edweirdo, and Benny the Writer for helping to make HubCamp a fun and beneficial experience for the rest of us as well.  Their input, insight, and questions were a definite plus (My apologies to those I failed to mention).

My hope is that HubCamp will continue to make a stop at least once a year in NYC and believe that others will also agree (I know that I'll be there).  So with that said, thank you HubPages Team for all that you do!!!

2. CASE1WORKER profile image86
    CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago

It sounds really good, cant wait for London on 31st July!

3. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 5 years ago

Dohn121 Thanks for the post.  I have to say that I loved meeting you all and really appreciate the great energy all of you brought yesterday.  I'd love to do NYC again next January, although we won't schedule during a Jets or Giants playoff game.  Big thanks to you and Wavergirl22 for taking HubCamp over the Jets. 

Pictures coming soon!

4. Simone Smith profile image91
    Simone Smithposted 5 years ago

The swag:

Paul Edmondson giving some keyword research tips:

Robin Edmondson giving some long-tail topic advice:

Some note-taking:

The after-party big_smile