jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Broken Links

1. Gloshei profile image59
    Glosheiposted 5 years ago

Could somebody tell me what a broken link is?
    On one of my hubs ( 10 potentially broken links have been detected in this hub. They are highlighted in yellow below. You can correct the link by editing the containing capsule.)
    How do I correct it and why does this happen?

Also I have had duplicated on there as well where am I going wrong.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

The broken links warning typically appears because some of your outbound hyperlinks have expired, for example if the page you are linking to has been unpublished. To fix it, visit your hub and check out the links one by one, and remove or edit any links that are no longer valid. The warning can be ignored in case you find all links to be valid.

As for duplicate content, chances are that your hub - or a substantial portion - is published elsewhere on the Internet.

1. Gloshei profile image59
      Glosheiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I tried clicking on a word and then clicked link but got a bit lost hen. Can you advise.
      Sorry not really sure

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

For future reference, you are responsible for the links on your hub. So if you want to have links, it is advisable that you learn how to deal with them.

I checked out the hub. The following links are invalid ("http" omitted here to avoid creating live links):

There may be others, you need to check them all.

3. GmaGoldie profile image86
    GmaGoldieposted 5 years ago

Heads up:  The broken links sadly do not notify the writer - you must hunt and see the triangle for them.  This is frustrating as I like to keep things current.

I rarely "link" to a photo because the link can become broken.

Hope these little things help.

1. 0
      ssaulposted 5 years ago in reply to this

glad i came across this thread

2. Gloshei profile image59
      Glosheiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your reply,
      But with these broken links it is mainly on words so what do you do.

4. 0
    sord87posted 5 years ago

click yhe yellow colour of stated broken link and replace it to the new url which is actively directed to an active page!