jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

New Writer

1. 60
    Niecy's Wayposted 8 years ago

I'm really impressed by some of the great articles found here.  So far, I've only submitted two and one of those was a recipe.  Just looking at some of the Hubs out here, I know that I have a long road ahead of me to reach that high quality.  Would someone, please look at my Hub called Transient Ischemic Attack and give me some feedback?  I tried to first write in word and then cut & post to Hub, but it did not work. 

Also, the paragraphs and just the format seems poor!  I'm trying not to get discouraged, but I could use some feedack.  Thank you!

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

Welcome to HubPages.

The first thing you need to do is open up the hub in edit mode, then open your text capsule, highlight all the text in it and then select "paragraph" from the -format- drop down menu.  Most of your text is currently in "preformatted" format which means it will not wrap at the end of the line.  This makes it very hard to read.

Once that's done you might want to try adding an image or two to help illustrate your hub using the photo capsule.

3. Lea^ profile image74
    Lea^posted 8 years ago

I'm having the same problem. I searched the forums typing in format and found a lot of suggestions. For starters, attempt these.
    Most people are recommending to type article in word or notepad and then copy/paste into the hub editor. I have been doing this all along, so I'm not sure if it will help you, but it's worth a shot.
    I still need help with how to fix the formatting as well.
    It's good to know I'm not the only one; I was getting discouraged.

4. William F. Torpey profile image84
    William F. Torpeyposted 8 years ago

I know absolutely nothing about formatting, etc., but friends at HubPages have helped me with it -- and, for me, the secret is as Paul says. It seems you can paste in anything you want and then just highlight the text (select all under Edit is easiest.) Paul says to drop down and select "paragraph" but I've been selecting "format" and getting the same results. It puts everything back the way it should be! It works for me.

5. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

If you're copying and pasting from a word processor, you first need to highlight the text and switch from "preformatted" to "paragraph."  Then make sure that there are no extra line breaks in the text.  Always "preview" your hub before publishing, to make sure it is formatted correctly, or at the very least take a look at it after publishing to make sure everything looks good.