jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

One link is overly promotional?

1. Brooke Lorren profile image60
    Brooke Lorrenposted 6 years ago

I have a hub with one link in it.  There is a message saying that it is overly-promotional.  So why is a hub with one link overly promotional?

Whoops... I discovered that there is a picture on the hub with a link to it, so it has two links.  They're both to different domains.  The picture one is to sxc.hu, which is a picture site.

So are two links to two different domains overly promotional?

There are four Amazon capsules in it, each with one link.  I've seen lots of different people's hubs with more than four Amazon links in it.  Could the Amazon capsules be what is making it overly-promotional?

I tried editing it, but I can't get rid of the overly-promotional flag.  Do I have to get rid of those two links to separate domains, or do I have to get rid of the Amazon capsules?

2. TerryGl profile image59
    TerryGlposted 6 years ago

Do you by any chance also have an rss capsule in there?

Otherwise, that's quite weird!!

Brooke Lorrenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No RSS.  It's waiting for the admins to look at so it can get republished (maybe).  Hopefully it's just a computer glitch and they won't think that it is overly-promotional too.

1. kirstenblog profile image80
        kirstenblogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If it is they should be able to tell you exactly what is 'over promotional' and hopefully it is just a glitch smile

3. Susana S profile image91
    Susana Sposted 6 years ago

Do you have a link to the same website or blog across most or all of your hubs? Promoting the same site on a high % of hubs can also trip the overly promotional flag.

Maybe that's it.  Most of my sites have photos in them with links to the sxc.hu domain.  Out of my 14 hubs, most of them have links to that picture site.  I guess if the admins decide that it's still overly promotional after they look at it, I'll start deleting pictures.  You would think that they would want people to attribute photos, but maybe they don't want you using too many pictures that you don't take yourself.

The other link was used on about 1/3 of my hubs, but I have links to other sites too.

I should amend - the other link's DOMAIN was used on about 1/3 of my hubs.  Not the exact link.  That would make a difference, I'm sure.

I have 14 hubs total right now.

1. Susana S profile image91
          Susana Sposted 6 years ago in reply to this

A simple solution would be to add the sxc url in the description area of your images so that they aren't hyperlinked.

Also, if you have other promotional links to the same domain on a 1/3 of your hubs that could also be a problem. I would have thought (though I don't know for sure) that all links pointing to the same domain would be counted, regardless of the page being linked to.

Anyway, I'm sure that hubpages will let you know what the problem is and how you can rectify it.

4. lakeerieartists profile image80
    lakeerieartistsposted 6 years ago

If you haven't done so already, send an email to the hubpages team, and they will tell you either what the problem is or delete the flag for that domain on your hubs.  They usually get back to you pretty quickly.  smile

working