jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Writing similar content on other sites

1. David 470 profile image86
    David 470posted 5 years ago

I know spam, and copied content is not allowed for obvious reasons, however, is writing on similar/same topics okay as long as the content is not exactly the same.

I have heard of people rewriting articles from scratch on ezine, squido and/or their personal website.

For example, if I wrote an article on here, could I rewrite it somewhere else just as long as its not copied word for word? hmm Basically, the same concept of a previous written article, but written wit different words, different word usage etc...

1. Pandoras Box profile image83
      Pandoras Boxposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Ideally, you'd approach the topic from a different angle and then link back to the one(s) here, or vice versa. But, technically, to answer your question, yes.

2. Autumn Lynn profile image70
    Autumn Lynnposted 5 years ago

Lissie wrote a hub about writing mutiple articles in which she gives a godd example of coming at the topic of Fly Fishing from 7 differhttp://hubpages.com/hub/Article-Writing-Software-guideent angles. When I read that example the idea of mutiple articles on the same topic made sense to me. I have yet to get discipled enough to put the idea into practice. I am sure it is like anything- the more practice you have at spinning articles creatively the easier it gets. For me it is still hard to come up with mutiple angles. I also had success using the title search function on ezine.com. I put in my topic and it gave me a unique angle. I used it and easily came up with a unique article which I could link back to my hub but in no way was the same article or even the same topic. If you are writing for ezine try that function out and see if it is helpful for you also.

1. Autumn Lynn profile image70
      Autumn Lynnposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sorry , I am tired and did something funny with that link. The hub is on article writing software and discusses the 7 minute article approach. http://hubpages.com/hub/Article-Writing-Software-guide

2. David 470 profile image86
      David 470posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, I would like to put more work up. Sometimes its hard to come up with completely new topics. I think what I am going to do is just write from complete scratch on some gaming topics, and perhaps fitness stuff...

Preferably, I want to use a site like hubpages.

I am thinking about using infobarrel. That is the one that seems to be compelling me the most.

Thanks for that link, I will take a look.