jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

How Does CPC work?

1. andyoz profile image86
    andyozposted 5 years ago

So I have heard plenty about looking out for keywords with a high CPC.  But how exactly does it work.  For instance, say I am going to write a hub about 'Table Lamps'.  I type table lamps into google adwords and find that 'table lamps' has a cpc of $0.50.  But what if I wanted the title of my hub to be 'buy cheap table lamps online'.  Would that qualify for that payment.  As chances are the phrase 'cheap table lamps' will have a different CPC.  Then 'buy cheap table lamps' will have another CPC.

So if I wanted to get the $0.50 for my hub, would I just have to call it 'Table Lamps' and not use any other words? 

I hope I have explained that properly and not confused everyone with what I mean.

2. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

Well, that $.50 is only a guesstimate of what advertisers will pay at any given moment for that particular keyword. And of that $.50 (or whatever it turns out to be), you only get around 68% of it.

If you use "buy cheap table lamps," in your example, you have effectively used several keywords: "buy cheap table lamps," "cheap table lamps" and "table lamps." As long as the keyword is a match (and is used in the right context), you're good to go.

1. andyoz profile image86
      andyozposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have seen some words though with a really high CPC like say $8.  Then the same words with an extra word added only earn $0.20.  So how does that work?  Would I get the high or the low payment?  Is it just meant to be a general guide as to what kind of ads are likely to be put on your page?

1. Glemoh101 profile image60
        Glemoh101posted 5 years ago in reply to this

This depend on a lot factors like :
        1- type of visitor ( traffic coming from search engine is the best one)
        2- country of traffic (USA is the best)
        3-Optimizing keywords in the page (on-page seo)
        And a other factors google hide from us!

- The most ads relevant to your keywords in the page is the ads which google put in your page.