jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Viewing ads while logged in

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

A suggestion - as it is clear we can not see the Kontera ads when we are logged in to our account, would it be worth doing the same thing for google adsense ads?

I would think that might increase the CTR, show the ad impressions more accurately and possibly increase the click value ? As none of us would click on our own ads anyway wink

2. weblog profile image59
    weblogposted 8 years ago

Mark, I think it will be good smile

3. Squimpleton profile image59
    Squimpletonposted 8 years ago

I don't see google adense ads regardless of when I'm logged in. There's this wonderful thing called NoScript that blocks ads.

4. patnamohan profile image60
    patnamohanposted 8 years ago

Yes, You are right!!

5. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 8 years ago

I actually appreciate seeing how the ads effect the layout of the page for my visitors.  I'd hate to have to log in and out to check the actual live view versus my editing view.

1. guidebaba profile image61
      guidebabaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I Agree.

6. Isabella Snow profile image87
    Isabella Snowposted 8 years ago

I agree with Relache.

7. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Yes, but they could be replaced with a blank that fills the space the ads would take. I do that with my blogs - I can never click on the ads, and I know where they will sit. smile

8. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 8 years ago

Adblock plus is a firefox extension that you could use to get the same result. Since I do not have any control on the ad placements on any of the Hubs, I use this extension. I am sure other browsers will also have similar add-ons and extensions.

9. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

I think I'm with Relache and Isa on this. My own traffic to my hubs is so negligible it won't make any difference on stats...

1. 0
      jupitarposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Relache is right. You have to be just Cautious. or can try SunSeven's suggestion.