jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

New writer looking for guidance

1. Svdharma profile image61
    Svdharmaposted 5 years ago

I have written a few hubs but I have not really started promoting them at all yet. I want to see if my hubs are up to scratch yet first. Heres one of em.

Thanks in advance,

1. QudsiaP1 profile image60
      QudsiaP1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

On hubpages, you do not really have to promote yourself because of the hub hopper option.

I have read your hub and while grammatically it is correct, perhaps you should diversify yourself a little.

From what I gathered, you appear to be somewhat fixated on marijuana, cannabis and the type.

If you could add your experience along with whatever you write that would definitely invite the users in.  Believe me, having users come in and giving their opinion will be far more productive because you will find that that will not only encourage you but perhaps also help you find your writing style.

1. Svdharma profile image61
        Svdharmaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I rewrote most of the hub today after rethinking my approach. I know that all my hubs are focusing on one area now but I plan on writing others about marine aquariums, welding, sports, lots of other topics. I just want to start with a lot of the same topic so I have articles to link between.

1. CDL Career Coach profile image83
          CDL Career Coachposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Your hub looks good.  Interesting choice of topics to start with, but I think you have a good plan to write several and interlink on each topic.

I'd be curious to see how your hubs do with Google.  (it can take a month or two to start seeing Google traffic.) You may have picked a good niche to be an expert in.

Recheck your titles, one of them has a mispelling "getting" was the word I think you were going for. The spell check doesn't catch the title text.

2. Svdharma profile image61
    Svdharmaposted 5 years ago

According to the Traffic Sources page, less than half of my hits are from within hubpages, but no other sites are show yet. Maybe the traffic sources page just lags, but it makes me wonder where the other half are coming from.

I decided to start off writing about medical marijuana because I know it is underrepresented on this site, gets a lot of hits from google, and it is probably pretty forgiving as far as writing style/grammar. The former is the main reason I started with this topic, because I have not been in the habit of writing lately and I can tell how bad some of my stuff is. Soon I should have that sorted out though.

Thanks for the tip about the titles.