jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (14 posts)

Why Captcha to Log In?

1. xboxps3wow profile image59
    xboxps3wowposted 5 years ago

I really hate those and since I log in at least few times a day, it gets super annoying!
    You thoughts?

1. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Do you have more than one hub account?

2. iamalegend profile image74
      iamalegendposted 5 years ago in reply to this

3. speedbird profile image64
      speedbirdposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Many robots (automated spidering software) do roam the Internet often and using CAPTCHA is the best way to prevent them for site owners. Stop getting annoyed, since this is a necessary evil and you have to go through the CAPTCHA

2. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 5 years ago

I've been here nearly a year, and I haven't seen the captcha thing in ages.  I don't have to type in anything besides my username and password.

I have the sign-in page bookmarked directly:

3. xboxps3wow profile image59

No, I only have 1 account and the captcha is gone now.. that was weird

1. ThomasE profile image82
      ThomasEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think it depends on your author score. If you have a reasonably high author score the captcha thing goes away.

4. Pandoras Box profile image82
    Pandoras Boxposted 5 years ago

Yeh I think there is a captcha period when you first open an account. It might be like for your first ten hubs or something, I forget. But that was only for when publishing a new hub, not just to merely sign in.

5. xboxps3wow profile image59

i've been a member for more than a year and have 10+ hubs

6. leahlefler profile image97
    leahleflerposted 5 years ago

I'm a neophyte, but I had the Captcha requirement until my Hubberscore increased to a sufficient level: it didn't seem to depend on the number of hubs.

7. BlissfulWriter profile image85
    BlissfulWriterposted 5 years ago

Yeah, the captcha does slow me down in hub publishing.  I just hope that my hub score gets high enough soon so that I don't have to go though the captach.  Right now my hub score is 70 and I'm still seeing the captcha.

8. simeonvisser profile image87
    simeonvisserposted 5 years ago

The captcha also appears when you login from different IPs. I was logging in from several IPs in Asia and it started showing the captcha. After a while it 'understood' that I was temporarily somewhere else in the world and it no longer showed the captcha when logging in.

Some websites have this to prevent suspicious account activity: if you always login while physically in the US, it might be weird if someone in the Middle-East or Asia tries to login, even when it is you on a holiday. It will then show the captcha to protect your account, it might just be a computer program trying to login to your account.

1. xboxps3wow profile image59
      xboxps3wowposted 5 years ago in reply to this

how is that gonna prevent suspicious account activity? What others can't enter the captcha? lol

9. revmjm profile image83
    revmjmposted 5 years ago