jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (26 posts)

First Amazon Sale

1. andyoz profile image87
    andyozposted 5 years ago

At last!  I have finally had my first Amazon sale.  It took 384 click but I'm finally there, my conversion rate is now 0.26!  Yay.

Weirdly the first item I sold has nothing to do with the items I have put on my Hubs, but I'm not complaining.  A sale is a sale.

1. Peter Owen profile image61
      Peter Owenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

still waiting for my first amazon sale, but I will get there

2. ChuckHuckaby profile image60
      ChuckHuckabyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations. I am always glad to make ANY sale anywhere!

I once heard an internet marketer say that despite all the hype about sales pages converting 2 per hundred, that in reality it can take 200 clicks onto any sales page to get a sale of any sort.

In other words the more clicks, the more likely something is to happen, even if - as in this case - it's a sale you didn't expect.

3. oceansnsunsets profile image88
      oceansnsunsetsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations, I bet you are excited.

4. bogerk profile image85
      bogerkposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations! The first sale is pretty cool and let's you know that it is actually possible to make a little money here.

5. Virtual Treasures profile image91
      Virtual Treasuresposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Congrats! I'm still trying to figure the whole Amazon thing out--but I'll get there! Don't try to figure out why it sold--just go with it! ;-)

2. cre8tive profile image81
    cre8tiveposted 5 years ago

Congratulations at being off the mark with Amazon, the first sale is great and more will follow - hopefully many more.

3. europewalker profile image82
    europewalkerposted 5 years ago

Congrats! Don't give up, there will be more to come.

4. znutter profile image60
    znutterposted 5 years ago

congrats I just started this week and cant wait to get my first amazon sale.

5. andyoz profile image87
    andyozposted 5 years ago

Thanks guys, it's just a relief to know that it works.  Sure more will follow in time.

1. ThomasE profile image82
      ThomasEposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Roughly 50% of my sales are not for the item I recommend... so that's not unusual.

6. Pandoras Box profile image81
    Pandoras Boxposted 5 years ago

Yeah my first sale wasn't either. I thought it must have been a mistake.

Congrats AndyOz!

7. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 5 years ago

Congratulations, the first sale is always the hardest one to get. There will soon be many more!

8. Rosie2010 profile image82
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

Congratulations! The first sale is always the most exciting.. heck every sale is most exciting but you never forget your first.  Some of my sales are not what I have in my hubs, so it's definitely worth including Amazon in our hubs. Congrats again!

andyozposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I must confess that I did do a little dance around the living room to celebrate!  So yes, the first one clearly is exciting.  Haha

9. guy1973 profile image60
    guy1973posted 5 years ago

i will be joining amazon affiliate program soon, and i will be looking forward to that fist sale.

10. MyMastiffPuppies profile image73
    MyMastiffPuppiesposted 5 years ago

Congratulations! Just keep writing and it will get better. I had websites for nearly a year before I got any Amazon sales, but then I came to HubPages and although I am no where near the pros, I have had really good luck with Amazon. It takes work and patience...

11. AF CHIEF profile image81
    AF CHIEFposted 5 years ago

I'm going to post my first hub with an Amazon link tomorrow so hopefully soon I'll doing the same dance you did, lol. Congratulations

Hope so, it took me 50 hubs though and nearly all of them have Amazon links on, so don't panic if it takes a while.

12. Mark Ewbie profile image84
    Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago

Well done Andy!  Thank goodness for being able to share on the forums, anywhere else you say "I made xx cents" and they look at you with a mixture of puzzlement and sympathy.

On here every cent is precious.  Quite right too.

13. olvus profile image60
    olvusposted 5 years ago

Interestingly, there are Hubbers, who earn on Amazon sales more than a Adsense clicks?

Yeah I have heard that as well, shows how it's worth putting a bit of thought into using the Amazon capsules and also writing some sales hubs.

14. jrcemail profile image75
    jrcemailposted 5 years ago

Congrats!  Yes, that first sale is really cool.  It should become more consistent as you build more hubs and content.

15. CASE1WORKER profile image85
    CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago

well done- I made my first sale this month and it has been followed by six others- hope that happens to you

Make a big song and  dance about it as it is a start and it will grow!

16. txgal profile image73
    txgalposted 5 years ago

Congrats! I just happened to look at my Amazon account and saw I made 3 sales yesterday and I just put my Hub about 4 days ago. I just linked it back to a top performer of an old Hub. So exciting!!

17. Suzanne Day profile image97
    Suzanne Dayposted 5 years ago

I got my first Amazon sale too!

It was a product I thought no one in their right mind would buy and I'd just stuck it on a hub with no thought really (related topic type thing). The person has paid and ordered it so got $1.45 - I'm over the moon!