jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Should I Change the title of my hub?

1. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I wrote a hub during the time when Hubtrails was hot and it was suggested to put Hubtrails Capstone in the title, which I did.

But now I'm wondering if I should change the title to something more search engine friendly. The name of the hub is Tampa Bay Metro Area;Hubtrail Capstone Hub.  It covers the 3 major cities in the area.  It does get outside traffic, but I think it needs a change.

I'm thinking of removing the last part and changing it to; Things to do and see in Tampa, Clearwater and St. Petersburg. 

I'm open to suggestions.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

Sounds like a good idea to change it. However, I would put "Things to do and see" last, like: "Tampa, Clearwater and St. Petersburg - Things to do and see."

3. rebekahELLE profile image90

I would like to keep Tampa Bay first, maybe leave out the word metro.. oh how funny, I just googled tampa bay metro area things to do and see, and this thread came up!

keep them coming, I'm listening.

4. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Hubtrails is an entirely internal word with no meaning outside Hub Pages.
    I'd definitely change the title to be more search engine friendly.
    Sounds like you've got a winner there!
    MM

5. rebekahELLE profile image90

I thought of that and wondered why it was suggested to place it in the title, but none of my keywords searched are hubtrails!  I'm think I'm going to try Tampa Bay Metro Area; Things To Do and See In Tampa, St. Petersburg and Clearwater, but the URL remains the same, correct?

thanks for the help, WE and MM. smile

1. profile image0
      ssaulposted 6 years ago in reply to this

its best to put more keywords in the title, research the key word and see what u come up with! smile

2. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Definitely, always.

6. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Yes, the URL doesn't change. But that doesn't affect traffic, right?

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think the Title Tuner feature proves that tweaking the title - even though changing the URL is not possible - is a good idea.

working