jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Did I win or lose?

1. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 5 years ago

HubPages has been good to me.  Although it hasn't been nearly a year here yet, I made payout some months ago and haven't seen a clickless day since October.  The holiday season was very good with super Amazon earnings.

January, though, has been dismal.  Not unexpected; the old timers predicted it and it makes sense.  Traffic is still down some and my CTR hasn't been this low for months.

I bet myself that if I was to see a clickless day this would be the month, and today would likely be the day.  But I finally did get one click......For $0.00. What a time to get a public service ad! lol

The question is, did I win my bet or not?  One click, but it paid nothing! big_smile

2. travelespresso profile image82
    travelespressoposted 5 years ago

You win wilderness. 

You're a cup half full kind of person so you won because - why - well because someone read your article and decided to find more information.  That HAS to be a win.  lol

1. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think you're right - if nothing else I got a good laugh from it.

I just found it knee-slapping funny, looking every little bit while writing a new hub for that one click to maintain my record and finally getting it, only to see it paid nothing!  Guess maybe I have a sick sense of humor sometimes. lol

1. andyoz profile image85
        andyozposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm really hoping things do pick up as we near the end of Jan.  I picked the worst possible time to start here on Hubpages, late Decemeber.  I am doing reasonably well compared to what I hear from other about the start, so am looking forward to things improving!