jump to last post 1-30 of 30 discussions (50 posts)

Have you been told, you look like someone famous?

1. Don Ship profile image80
    Don Shipposted 6 years ago

This question looks simple but funny answers can come up! lol

1. CDL Career Coach profile image83
      CDL Career Coachposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No, but almost everyone I meet thinks they know me from somewhere.

2. 0
      Travis_S_Musicposted 6 years ago in reply to this

When I had long hair I've heard anything from Shawn Morgan, to Matt Tuck, Brent Smith. And when I had my crazy hair styles, Nikki Sixx and Jacoby Shaddix. Haha. I've changed my hair a lot, and the peoples words change with them every time!

3. sarovai profile image62
      sarovaiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Some used to tell. But I don't like that. Instead recognizing me , if they compare,I don't like .

4. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes. many times.
      Young Kirk douglas in "Spartacus."
      But his "chin dimple" is deeper than mine. smile:
      Qwark

5. BRIAN SLATER profile image85
      BRIAN SLATERposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yes, a young David Hasselloff smile

6. Artisan Walker profile image60
      Artisan Walkerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

On facebook, friends had a celebrity lookalike week in which we posted profile shots of whom we'd been told we looked like.  When I posted a shot of Liam Neeson, my sister and my MOTHER (not having yet heard of  lookalike week) both thought it was me ... with glasses!

I was speechless!

7. ImChemist profile image60
      ImChemistposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes i get this comment before , some one tell me that i look like tom cruise !

8. 0
      DoorMattnomoreposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've been told on many occasions I look like "the ugly chick in The Shining" ...  they mean Shelly Duval.

2. Mighty Mom profile image90
    Mighty Momposted 6 years ago

Yes, Tea Leone (married to David Duchovny) or Annette Benning.

3. 0
    cookingdivaposted 6 years ago

Yes, but I did not think so.

4. Right On Time profile image79
    Right On Timeposted 6 years ago

Someone insulted me and told me I look like Enrique Iglesias...close as i can get to being compared to a celebrity sofar..

1. Lifeallstar1 profile image60
      Lifeallstar1posted 6 years ago in reply to this

He's hot! big_smile

5. vicki simms profile image70
    vicki simmsposted 6 years ago

Yes once, I was shopping with my mum and the sales assistant went all a bit weird on me and asked me if I was kirsten dunst (out of spiderman movies) hahahaha, I personally dont think I look anything like! I'm sure she must have felt silly when I started laughing and told her that I wasn't big_smile

1. prettydarkhorse profile image66
      prettydarkhorseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

your smile and yes you look like her a bit

When I was still in the Phils they always say I a look like an actress jaclyn Jose - local actress. Not a bit, I looked like a football cheerleader - I mean their pom poms .. Lol LOL

1. Christy Goff profile image60
        Christy Goffposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, Linda Blair, scary thought, because I always think of the exorcist.

6. Merlin Fraser profile image79
    Merlin Fraserposted 6 years ago

Don't know if this counts but many years ago while travelling through Miami airport an old lady came up to me with a stupid grin on her face.

“It’s you...Isn’t it ?”

I agreed that it was indeed me.  She turned to her friend nearby as said, “There you are, I don’t you it was him didn’t I ?”

Her friend looked far from convinced and scowled at me, “Well it doesn’t look like him ... that’s all I can say. He’s got more hair than him for a start.” (I did in those days).

Not to be swayed the original lady returned to the attack, she looked me in the eye and said, “ Go no tell her it’s you... Go on she’ll believe you...!”

So I did, I told her it was very definitely me.  “Well you shouldn’t wear a wig then... not if you wanna be recognised.”

And so they wandered off debating the subject as they went.  To this day I have absolutely no idea who they thought I was  in the first place.

So girls, if you’re still around and on HubPages, care to enlighten me !!!

1. Ivorwen profile image84
      Ivorwenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It would be fun to know who she thought you were!  Of course, that would also be  a fun prank to pull on unsuspecting strangers.  wink

2. PegCole17 profile image91
      PegCole17posted 6 years ago in reply to this

You know, you really do look just like him. (No it wasn't me at the airport).

Seriously, maybe Marlon Brando?

7. camlo profile image84
    camloposted 6 years ago

I was often told, when I was a little younger, that I resemble David Bowie ...

8. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

Bill Gates.

Constantly. So often that I actually wrote a hub denying it smile

9. Loveslove profile image60
    Lovesloveposted 6 years ago

When I have my hair short and wear my smaller dark rimmed specs I get told that I look like Ane Robinson...I dont think so but others see us differently i suppose.

1. Merlin Fraser profile image79
      Merlin Fraserposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You Poor Soul !!!

Can you Sue ?

1. Loveslove profile image60
        Lovesloveposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Unfortunately not Merlin ..but I DO NOT look anything like her !! lol

10. brimancandy profile image83
    brimancandyposted 6 years ago

Yeah. I used to get that a lot from customers where I used to  work. I have been told that I look Like everyone from Conan Obrien, to Michael J Fox, but most people mistake me for George Lesson's the weather man at our local TV staion. I should see if I could be a stunt double.

The most funny was Mr. Noodle. Who the hell is that?

11. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

When I was in college I was called Bobbie Jo or Bobbie Jo Gentry all the time, based on Joe Diffie's song 'Pickup Man'.  It got to the point where I didn't think twice about answering to it. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGs-T5FNAyc

12. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

Yes, they tell me that I look a lot like the Ultimate Hubber.

1. Edlira profile image76
      Edliraposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, actually now that you mention it, I would say the resemblance is striking...lol

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
        Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol

13. Bard of Ely profile image87
    Bard of Elyposted 6 years ago

George Harrison and Roy Wood.

14. Edlira profile image76
    Edliraposted 6 years ago

Well, laugh as much as you want but, i remember, 5 years ago, I was with work to Kiev, Ukraine, and while I was standing outside a restaurant together with some colleagues, a man approaches me and starts speaking something in the Ukrainian, which I of course didn't understand. One of my native colleagues started to laugh. And when I asked him to translate what the man had said he translated giggling: the man said you have the profile of Alexander the Great....lol

15. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 6 years ago

Yes, people very often tell me I look like Kirsten Dunst.

16. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

An Ewok. Hardly someone. And on a really bad hair day - Wurzel Gummidge. UK hubbers will know who that is. But here's a pic of the two for reference hmm

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4463294_f248.jpg
    frogdropping resemblance #1

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/4463306_f248.jpg
    frogdropping resemblance #2

See any?

My daughter is currently laughing herself silly.

1. Edlira profile image76
      Edliraposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are rather attractive...lol for a bad hair day.

1. frogdropping profile image86
        frogdroppingposted 6 years ago in reply to this

... neutral ...

She's still amused btw.

17. Loveslove profile image60
    Lovesloveposted 6 years ago

Unfortunately I cant Merlin...but if you ever met me you would see that I dont look anything like her !!

18. brandonhart100 profile image82
    brandonhart100posted 6 years ago

Yep, everyone think I looked like Joshua Jackson when I was younger.  Now the receding hairline probably eliminates me from that status. wink

1. brandonhart100 profile image82
      brandonhart100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

*Thought tongue

19. 0
    Muldanianposted 6 years ago

I have been told that I am the spitting image of the 19th century writer William Sharp.  As he has been dead for 106 years, I am not sure how to take this.

20. 0
    Home Girlposted 6 years ago

I always wanted to look like somebody else when I was a little girl. I hated my pink girly face and upturned nose, I even wanted to do operation and straighten my nose! Those stupid years... Luckily for me my doctor had more sense, he just kicked me out of his office and sent me home. Thanks, doctor. I might end up looking like Michael Jackson.

21. 69
    logic,commonsenseposted 6 years ago

Thor with short hair! smile

22. shogan profile image86
    shoganposted 6 years ago

I had three people tell me I resemble Christian Bale, when he has this look:

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/4466956_f248.jpg

23. lovelypaper profile image67
    lovelypaperposted 6 years ago

Yeah, Teah Leone.

24. radiokoala profile image62
    radiokoalaposted 6 years ago

I was amazed to realize that I resemble Frank Zappa at one of my latest photos (especial match goes to the nose area, lol)! And what makes it twice as great is the fact I have a T-shirt with this exact image of him. Check it out:

http://static.rateyourmusic.com/album_images/41753b08a15b4cc4e83dcb643902f208/10129.jpg
    ZAPPA
    http://cs4361.vkontakte.ru/u4692145/a_773941fb.jpg
    Me
    http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs467.snc4/49219_100001575607064_9869_n.jpg
    Me & Zappa

And just a week ago I was asked at the party if I play any music. I was like, "Yeah, I do." The girl asks me again: "In a band?", and I go: "No, on my own." She couldn't believe it. She had seen a guy at the concert and assured me he looked exactly like me. But I didn't had a chance to meet him to be sure smile

25. Don Simkovich profile image59
    Don Simkovichposted 6 years ago

About five years ago, I had a few people tell me I looked like Bill Clinton ... my hair may have been extra poofy then.

26. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 6 years ago

..yes....

27. Tina Kachan profile image48
    Tina Kachanposted 6 years ago

On many occasions people have told me I look like Sandra Bullock (especially when I smile) and Claire Forlani. But I don`t see it. Go figure.

28. PrettyPanther profile image84
    PrettyPantherposted 6 years ago

When my hair is long, Kate Winslet.  Otherwise, I'm just a short red-haired woman.  smile

29. guy1973 profile image62
    guy1973posted 6 years ago

never happen to me,but occasionally people think that am a foreigner

30. Brie Hoffman profile image81
    Brie Hoffmanposted 6 years ago

Sarah Palin

working