jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

My hub Rob Brown's Carrot:now Rob Brown's Motivation was tagged

1. Babbyii profile image85
    Babbyiiposted 8 years ago

Tagged as deceptive??? why?? Is not a carrot understood as synonymous  with motivation?  I am not a deceptive person or in my writing.   Very confused and hurt too.

2. Maddie Ruud profile image83
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

Babbyii:

I'm sorry you feel hurt.  I've said before, and I'll say again, that moderation is nothing personal.  Deceptive can refer to the title or tags of a hub.  In this case, you have several very general tags that you do not directly reference in the content of your hub.  A good rule of thumb for tagging is, if someone typed that word into a search engine and came upon your hub, would they get information related to the subject they were looking for?

3. Babbyii profile image85
    Babbyiiposted 8 years ago

Makes sense.  Even old age doesn't cure being protective of our brain children (another unapparent metaphor), that the search engine couldn't help but misrepresent.

Thanks for your patience Maddie

4. Maddie Ruud profile image83
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

No problem.  However, I'm still seeing a "finance" tag on that hub, however, which doesn't really fit.  Try more specific phrases as tags.  You'll get more traffic and your ads will be better targeted.  Check out this great hub on tagging for more ideas.

1. Babbyii profile image85
      Babbyiiposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, I checked out the tagging article.  I thought I knew what tagging was.  I didn't.
      Not sure if I followed it perfectly. You can take a look at the updated Rob's Motivation.  This tagging business is a different way of writing, or rather a different writing tool. Forgive me if I sound like I'm an idiot. I'm from the old, old school of long ago.   I'm very willing to learn though, really and I will.     Thank you Maddie.

working