jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Followers

1. 0
    summertime8posted 5 years ago

Hello,

I was wondering how the number of hubbers that people follow compare to the number of people following them. I have about the same amount (not very many)! I'm just perplexed as to why some people have such a HUGE amount of followers???

Summer

1. shogan profile image88
      shoganposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Summer,
      I haven't been here long, but it appears that some hubbers spend a lot of time trying to "trade" follows (I follow you, so you follow me).  There are a few people who only have a couple of hubs, but have hundreds of followers, which leads me to think they must prioritize that over actually writing.

1. 0
        summertime8posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your reply Shogan. It's a bit of a mystery to me.

1. shogan profile image88
          shoganposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Summer,
          You can tell what's going on by looking at that person's hubtivity.  Those we're referring to have what looks like an endless list of back and forth following.  I'm assuming he/she must believe that it will help get that one hub read a lot, which seems pretty short-sighted to me.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 5 years ago

There is nothing mysterious about it. Active quality hubbers have many followers, regardless of how many or how few they follow. Borderline spammy followers also have many followers. But they are not the same type of followers. The latter mean nothing whatsoever, as they typically do not care about anyone but themselves.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I only follow around 100 hubbers

1. 0
      Website Examinerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

They are lucky to have 'ya! You are an active quality Hubber, indeed.

4. 0
    summertime8posted 5 years ago

Wow, Uninvited Writer. You have a lot of followers!
    Thanks everyone for replying

working