jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

NoFollow Links Even With a Score Over 75!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. colm.flanagan profile image61
    colm.flanaganposted 5 years ago

Hey, I have built a number of hubs and I am beginning to think they are a complete waste of time!!!!!!!!!!

The scores go over and under 75 all the time regardless of the constant traffic they are receiving, I have two hubs over the 75 mark we are seeking and the links are still NOFOLLOW!!!

So I ask again WHATS THE POINT!!!

Might be time to revert back to Squidoo Pages...

Anyone else have the same findings???

1. Just Ask Susan profile image86
      Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Do you follow anyone? Or read anyones hubpages here?

1. Just Ask Susan profile image86
        Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Sorry I think I just may have misunderstood the question.

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you read the site FAQ or visited the learning center, something that seems would be easy enough to do given that you've been on this site for almost a year, you'd learn that YOUR AUTHOR SCORE is what has to be 75 or higher for your outgoing links to change.

If your author score doesn't get to that point, all Hubs will stay nofollow.

2. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

I checked a few out and you cannot have one paragraph and all photos and videos.
    they have to have some quality and redeeming information as well

write more and longer hubs and see what happens..JMHO

3. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

Your author score must be above 75.

4. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 5 years ago

An individual hub score needs to be above 40, your over all Hubber Score needs to be above 75.

5. DonnaWallace profile image89
    DonnaWallaceposted 5 years ago

That makes sense, if your individual Hubber score must be over 75 and you are currently at a 66. The good news is that this is an easy fix. Spend some time working on Hub Pages, visiting other hubs, reading them thoroughly, and leaving good comments. Repeat some key words in the comments so you help those authors out as well.

As you visit others, people may return the favor and visit your hubs as well. This can help boost your Hubber score.

In addition, spend some time working on your individual Hub scores (for each article). Create backlinks from other sites, work on the keywords in the articles, and just make subtle changes to improve your hubs. I spend a lot of time each day just improving articles that already exist. It has really paid off.

Good luck, and I hope you stick with Hub Pages.

6. melbel profile image92
    melbelposted 5 years ago

I do not have this problem. I took a look at your hubs and I can see why you're having that problem. You have too many links and not enough content. You may want to add more content (without links) to your hubs to fatten them up a bit and add more things that may interest readers.

Put more quality in your work and you will see that it will work wonders for your hubscore, then those links will be do-follow. You never know, you may even earn some AdSense $.

7. atulhost profile image61
    atulhostposted 5 years ago

How many points can one get by commenting on other's hubs?

8. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I might be as upset (!!!!!!) as OP is if the only reason I was here was to get backlinks, and I hadn't read the FAQ.  Otherwise, no (......)