jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (19 posts)

Writer Bay

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

I was invited to write at Writer Bay through Linked in, anyone have any experience with them?

1. profile image0
      Natalia Daninbergposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have been working with WriterBay but I was not paid. They paid small amount of money but does not the big ones. If you do not want to waste your time - please do not work with them! Should you have any further question please contact me ft703@yahoo.com

2. Richieb799 profile image62
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

Looks like an interesting website, I notice they specify you must have a university degree which is lucky for me, I don't know if they need examples of your other online work. Definitely looks worth reading more!

3. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

Interesting, I only have a college degree smile

1. Richieb799 profile image62
      Richieb799posted 6 years ago in reply to this

sorry, it says degree, I guess it is different in the UK, I think we can only get degrees in University over here

2. SimeyC profile image90
      SimeyCposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I have a three degrees album - does that count?big_smile

4. Mrvoodoo profile image60
    Mrvoodooposted 6 years ago

They look a little suspect to me.  For starters, they forgot to include the 'token' black person in their, 'we're so professional we have professional looking people on the homepage' photo.

Something like the following would have been far more appropriate: http://das.okstate.edu/EXCEL/business_people1.jpg

Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

They have a token black person in that picture smile

1. Mrvoodoo profile image60
        Mrvoodooposted 6 years ago in reply to this

They do indeed.  Writers Bay could learn a lot from 'das.okstate.edu', whatever that is.

Congrats anyways.  I hope you make plenty of $ there.  Despite their racial faux pas. wink

1. paperer profile image58
          papererposted 6 years ago in reply to this

“their racial faux” That's a pretty serious accusation, Mrvoodoo. Some may even call it slander. Did they withhold you in job because of your ethnicity? If so, you should open this question not on such kinda forums.

1. Pearldiver profile image87
            Pearldiverposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You Completely Missed the Very Clever Point that was being made!

5. Singular Investor profile image78
    Singular Investorposted 6 years ago

Any further news ? I have been reading their site where they stress the need for high quality, correct grammar etc... Yet there site is clearly written by someone whose first language is not English. They sound Eastern European or Russian.

6. CMHypno profile image90
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

They say on their website that you can earn up to $20 a page - wouldn't it be better to write a hub or on your on website where you could keep on earning?

7. thisisoli profile image55
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Learn to write good SEO content, my current rate is at $10 per hundred words, and I have no shortage of offers.

The reason I write at places like Hubpage sis that no matter how much I can earn by writing, I do want a strong passive income supporting me.

1. Singular Investor profile image78
      Singular Investorposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thisisoli - do you find the clients yourself or are you with one of the freelance websites ?

1. thisisoli profile image55
        thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I find them myself, there are plenty of companies out there willing to pay for SEO by the hour, and pay well for it.

Article writing is a big part of SEO. smile

8. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

UW, are you member of blogcritics network ?

Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes I am, haven't written there in a while though.

By the way, I passed on the site. I don't want to write other's essays. And, besides, I don't have a university degree only college smile

9. Lisa HW profile image80
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

It looks to me like one of the many sites like that.  They pay you to write someone else's thesis or paper.  From what I've seen, those sites do seem to offer (sort of) "OK-ish-looking" pay (if you don't mind coming up with a dissertation for a credential that won't be your own.  hmm).  To me, for the kind of work involved, I don't think the pay is anywhere near good enough.  Besides, I wouldn't want to be the person who was doing someone else's undergraduate/graduate work.  (Of course, better to be paid for all the research and writing upfront, than to post it on the Internet and have it stolen "for free".   smile )

working