jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Title Tuner

1. Just Ask Susan profile image86
    Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago

How many people use the title tuner and if so does this work to bring more traffic to your HubPage?

1. Pcunix profile image89
      Pcunixposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I check it.  Often its suggestions are useless, but sometimes it does help me see things I did not think of.

Whether it helps is difficult to say.  Probably.

2. ChuckHuckaby profile image61
      ChuckHuckabyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As someone told me, at least consider adding the suggestions as a tag somehow - until you add too many then you get a nasty message about too many tags! smile

If I've researched a keyword string that I want retained in the title, I try not to disturb it.

3. Edweirdo profile image96
      Edweirdoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I attended the HubCamp in NY City last weekend, and according to Paul & Robin Edmondson (CEO of HubPages and HubPages Director of Education, respectively), the most important element in a successful hub is the title! All else being equal, a hub with a strong title will outperform one with a weak title...

Robin and Paul suggested using the Title Tuner to include frequently searched for words and improve our hub titles as time goes by - and I think they might know what they're talking about wink

1. Abbasangel profile image82
        Abbasangelposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is what I just used it for!! It finally worked!! I was so stoaked!! smile

4. kschang profile image90
      kschangposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It does work, but it won't do as much as you think.

Search engines works by analyzing all of the URL's content: the links, the URL words, the titles, the summaries, the words in the links, and so on. Thus, if you have the words in the URL, but not in the title, or links or contents, then it won't become "relevant" than another URL that does have word in URL and title and etc.

Obviously the URL itself is important, but tuning the title DO help. I've changed many titles in order to incorporate the keywords recommended (which came from the individual searches).

The way title tuner works (that's my guess) is Hubpages analyzes the Google searches that arrive. The search URL actually includes the words searched.

Let's say your hub is about... X. And it can be found by searching for keywords A and B. Let's say John is searching for A, B, and C, and it found your hub. Hubpages see the keyword "C" is also being searched with A and B, so it recommends you add "C" to your title as well.

2. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

I've used their suggestions on some of my hubs ,and some traffic has improved.
    i check back every few weeks.....the public is flicked..smile

1. Just Ask Susan profile image86
      Just Ask Susanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks so much everyone!

3. Rosie2010 profile image82
    Rosie2010posted 5 years ago

Hiya Susan, I use it quite often and it works for me.  As I am new here, I need all the help I can get to get more outside traffic.  I add the words suggested, if I could.  As I said it works for me.. it is actually amazing!  I recommend it.