jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Dropship problem,,, any ideas?

1. Bill Manning profile image72
    Bill Manningposted 6 years ago

Normally most drop ship programs are a scam and a big pain in the ass. The problems with them are very numerous and not evident until you start using them.

However I do sell quality leather jackets from a few true wholesalers (not the middlemen, which most so called wholesalers are) by drop shipping.

They are great companies, however I still have a major problem that has nothing to do with the company. For some reason almost 50% of my sales I get back in exchanges because the customer choose the wrong size. hmm

SOOOO, that means I then buy another jacket for the customer. That leaves me with having bought TWO jackets plus paying for two shipping charges.

I now have the first one and just have to hope someone else orders the same style, in the same size which does not happen often.

I don't know what to do. I have been changing my letter sizes to number size. For some reason I get many more exchanges when they bought a jacket that shows a letter size.

I can't be the only one with this problem, but I don't know what the others do. Any advice on how I can get more customers to buy the right size?

I do have good size charts, they just seem to pick the normal letter size they normally use for textile jackets, which run bigger than leather jackets.

Advice? big_smile

2. CMHypno profile image90
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

Could you put a bit on the order form about leather jackets not sizing the same as textile jackets and suggesting the size difference?

Bill Manningposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I do have a good size chart and I put a link to it very clearly on my front page. I suppose I could also put a link to it on each jacket page also. Good idea, thanks. smile

3. Pcunix profile image88
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

Maybe front-end the "Buy" link so that it pops up a warning page before letting them proceed to the actual purchase?

You mean a warning page about the size? I'm not sure I can do that with PayPal buy buttons, which is what I use. But another good idea, thanks.

One problem I had over the holidays is many guys buying a leather jacket for their lady. In that case they really had no idea what size to get and just guessed.

In those cases nothing will work as they don't even know the size and want to just hope it fits. hmm

1. Pcunix profile image88
        Pcunixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You "front-end" the Buy buttons.  That is, you use the graphics (or use your own)  but your link puts up a popup and then perhaps goes on to the real Paypal links.

I see, gotcha. Good idea, thanks. smile

working